Talk

Advanced search

My washing machine won't open

(17 Posts)
PukousMucous Sun 08-Oct-17 11:02:40

Just that really. I've tried usual things, draining it. Turning it off and on again. Setting another wash cycle. Waiting overnight!

Any other suggestions before I get a man in?

thecanaries Sun 08-Oct-17 11:48:21

In the bottom right of the picture there is a little door.
More often than not there is a lever you can pull to manually open the door.

I'd turn the power off first - hope this works. I'd then try an empty short wash and see what happens second time.

LittleLights Sun 08-Oct-17 11:50:24

Thump the door where the lock is.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 11:52:32

You might need to cleaning out the turny thing in the bottom. Sometimes they get clogged and machine wont drain properly. It's in where the wee door is in the picture thecanaries posted.

Pennina Sun 08-Oct-17 11:52:52

Agree with canaries that's what I've done. Usually then you need to undo the plug thing in there too to take out whatever is blocking it up!!

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 11:53:11

Have towels and a basin there when you open it.

Pennina Sun 08-Oct-17 11:53:45

X post with nocry. !!

NotDavidTennant Sun 08-Oct-17 11:53:54

Have you tried turning it off at the socket?

A8674 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:57:45

If it's not an electrical/interlock fault, you can use a shoe lace or piece of wire to pull the internal catch open.

We had a piece of plastic break inside the lock and this was the only to open it.

Google a video, it's pretty easy.

MyLittleDragon Sun 08-Oct-17 12:03:24

Ring the customer service helpline of the brand. They often have tips and tricks. My washing machine didn't open, turned out it had a special plastic lever hidden inside the powder drawer that you used to lever something so it then rejigged the door mechanism. I would never have known that on my own.

PukousMucous Sun 08-Oct-17 18:08:53

Thank you. There is no door at the bottom or on sides but I'm certain it's a draining issue. Typically all the school uniform is in there 🙄
Will continue to try and resort to a man tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.

Bryna Sun 08-Oct-17 18:12:24

Sometimes the bottom panel needs to come of to reveal the drain, it’s usually held on by clips so it will pop off

dementedpixie Sun 08-Oct-17 18:14:02

What kind of machine is it? My old one had a kickplate along the bottom at the front that had to be removed to access the filter

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 18:14:51

Could you take a photo of the front of the machine?

Bryna Sun 08-Oct-17 18:15:30

See photo to see what I mean!!

LIZS Sun 08-Oct-17 18:16:27

Is there a panel across the base at the front. If so it could lift off with a bit of pressure.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Mon 09-Oct-17 23:08:32

Did you get it sorted OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now