loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pressure king pro

(11 Posts)
Afreshstartplease Sat 07-Oct-17 06:06:18

Does anyone have one of these?

Are they as good as they look?

What size do you have and how many do you feed from it?

MothershipG Sat 07-Oct-17 06:56:58

I have an Instant Pot which is similar, love it, use it frequently, feed a family of 4 with adult sized DC, often batch cook, made a pot of chilli yesterday that will cover 2 meals.

Afreshstartplease Sat 07-Oct-17 07:12:26

How many litres does it hold mother?

takesnoprisoners Sat 07-Oct-17 07:16:10

IKEA I use this one. It is brilliant and can easily cook for 3-4. They have a 6l version which should be plenty for 4-6. I only cook vegetarian and this pressure cooker is a godsend for Indian curries and chilis. Even rice and potatoes are easy to pressure cook.

GeorgiaOQueef Sat 07-Oct-17 07:17:46

Instant pot is 6l. It also comes in an 8l version. Pressure king pro has a 3l version as well as other sizes, and is a bit cheaper than the IP. The IP might come up on Amazon black Friday deals.

takesnoprisoners Sat 07-Oct-17 07:22:26

I am sure I am explaining this incorrectly, but I will give it a shot. The Pressure or PSI in instapot is much lower than a regular pressure cooker. This means a change in flavour and longer cooking time. The only advantage I see in an Instapot or pro is the ability to switch on the timer/pre program the start time.

GeorgiaOQueef Sat 07-Oct-17 07:27:07

That and you can walk away and leave it.

always2ndbest Sat 07-Oct-17 07:29:28

I use mine at least 3 times a week for stews, bolognese, curries, cottage pie... it's brilliant and so quick, or you can use the slow cooker function for an all day stew ready for when you get home from work. Most definitely the best kitchen gadget I've bought and I love it.

Afreshstartplease Sat 07-Oct-17 07:31:57

Is it good for cheaper cuts of meat?

I have 4 dc aged under 10. Do you think 5l or 6l

User5trillion Sat 07-Oct-17 07:34:30

I have one and its good. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. The first one got s fault and had to be returned to. Argos.

I use this one for making soups, stocks and stews mainly. It is quick but not as quick as I.hoped as you need to get things to pressure and allow them to cool.

I love that I can brown in the pan, then pressure cook things.

I have not found it so good for curries or mince based dishes, they always seem to stick. I have found it better for very liquid things.

That said I.can make great stock in 2 hrs when it would have taken 24 hrs in the slow cooker.

I would be interested to.hear others experience of it.

wowfudge Sat 07-Oct-17 08:39:38

I have an Instant Pot and the brilliant think is that you just programme it and get on with other things. I made yoghurt in it last night, using the yoghurt setting. IPs and accessories have just been in offer on Amazon - worth a look if you are interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now