Talk

Advanced search

Airing cupboard design features

(5 Posts)
Rainatnight Fri 06-Oct-17 16:03:53

I'm having an airing cupboard built on my landing. I'm VERY happy about this. There's no hot water tank but it'll have a small, low wattage airing cupboard heater to take the chill off.

There'll be the usual slatted shelves and one rail to hang stuff on the finish damp stuff off.

But is there anything else I should be thinking about? What do you love about your airing cupboard?

purplegreen99 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:17:15

We are getting the hot water cylinder moved so will have loads more space in ours, but don't really need more space to store bedlinen and towels, so I am afraid my dream is to have an upstairs recyling bin in there plus somewhere to store spare loo rolls!

seasidesally Fri 06-Oct-17 21:33:05

oh i would put my upstairs hoover in it,its a stick hoover so takes little space but great to have on that floor

best thing ive done was have a hoover downstairs and one upstairs

NoCryLilSoftSoft Fri 06-Oct-17 21:39:28

Make sure to think about how you are spacing out the different levels of slats. You'll want a space long/tall enough to hang bedlinen/throws etc. I would have the lowest slat at about 3-4 foot from the floor to allow for a duvet/ bed sheet to hang in half if that makes sense. Even better would be if you could adjust the height of your slats to suit different items at different times.

I have a dehumidifier in mine because I don't have a tumble drier so it's my drying cupboard on wet days.

I also got one of those battery powered sensor lights and put it on the inside of the door frame to let me see what I'm working with in the evening instead of switching the big light on and waking the DC.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Fri 06-Oct-17 21:40:09

Oh and I would love to fit my rechargeable Hoover in it but it doesn't fit because I have a stupid massive water tank.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now