Talk

Advanced search

*WARNING* possibly most boring thread on here tonight... which washing machine??

(18 Posts)
Newbiecat Wed 04-Oct-17 19:45:28

Sorry for grabby title and thanks if you've read this!
My washing machine mings. We moved in 3 years ago and it wasn't in great condition then with mildew on the door seal and drawer and I've never really been able to fix this despite trying various measures. It is a good Bosch machine so I've put up without until now but it stinks!
I've always had a Bosch washer but want to know does anyone recommend another brand? I want an 8kg drum now the family is bigger and an integrated machine but the Bosch models are more pricey, do you think they're worth it?

Babymamaroon Wed 04-Oct-17 20:21:48

I’ve got Miele and so far think it’s very good. Time will tell as to whether it lasts for donkey’s years as you so often hear about...

ems137 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:28:38

I've had an LG direct drive machine for 5 years now and it's great, it even has a self maintenance programme.

I've also heard good things about the new Samsung washers.

MrsKnightley Wed 04-Oct-17 20:32:00

My last Zanussi lasted 13 years and just bought a new one which is fab.

Newbiecat Wed 04-Oct-17 22:11:15

I'd love a Miele but probably too pricey sadly. I wondered if the new Samsungs were a bit gimmicky?

WristBitch Wed 04-Oct-17 22:13:35

Been through so many and I came to say Miele

Twinkie1 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:14:55

Samsung Bubbletronic bloody brilliant as is the tumble dryer.

Thirtyrock39 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:15:19

I had a Miele which was brilliant and lasted 16 years. Couldn't afford to replace it with another Miele sadly but I'm very happy with the john Lewis own brand one I could afford

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 04-Oct-17 22:15:57

Had the same Miele for over 20 yrs now. Only minor problems to do with cleaning filter etc. Not the best looking machine, but so reliable. Many Nursing homes etc have them for this reason.

Newbiecat Wed 04-Oct-17 22:16:40

Maybe I'll look again at Miele then wrist
I bloody hate spending money on boring things like appliances when there are lovely new shiny boots to be had this Autumn grin

WristBitch Wed 04-Oct-17 22:26:23

Mine has lasted so well I got myself leather boots already this year 🤣grin

blodynmawr Wed 04-Oct-17 22:28:24

Was previously a Bosch fan but the last one only lasted 3 years shock. (Even the cheapie Candy one I had before that lasted about 8 years, including a house move and both kids' baby and toddlerhoods when it got a real hammering). Couldn't justify the cost of a Miele when the Bosch died so went for Samsung Ecobubble 8kg when we replaced it, which was one of the Which Best buys. It is still going OK after 2 years.
HTH smile

AVeryBigHouse Wed 04-Oct-17 22:32:34

We've had our Samsung Ecobubble for about 6 years. We haven't had a single problem with it despite having 3 dc, including twins.

outabout Wed 04-Oct-17 22:40:50

A stinky machine will not be down to the 'brand' as they are essentially all the same. However if you fancy a new one carry on.
A couple of good HOT washes and suitable detergent should help the stink. The flipside of the 'eco revolution' is that some things just don't get properly clean.

atsasnuffothat Wed 04-Oct-17 22:41:20

Do you use 'scented' laundry liquid by any chance? My washing machine used to honk when I used one. Switched back to normal and the honk disappeared...

trixymalixy Thu 05-Oct-17 11:57:24

DO NOT GET AN LG DIRECT DRIVE!!!

We had endless problems with ours and no local people would touch it with a bargepole.

We spent a fortune on getting lg out to repair it and it never worked properly. They couldn't give a toss about it.

Newbiecat Thu 05-Oct-17 19:28:30

Right seriously, you're not going to believe this! I went browsing at some washing machines today whilst kids at school and when I came back to do another load of washing it tripped all the downstairs electric and then the starter motor seems to have packed in! This is seriously freaked me out- I think I may be a witch.
Anyway, thanks for all your advice- to be honest it's the integrated bit that limited me as each manufacturer only makes about 2 machines. In the end I whacked out the MasterCard and went for an integrated Bosch one. Now I just have 4 days of
No machine to cope with shock

Newbiecat Thu 05-Oct-17 19:30:05

PS wrist I wore my new shiny brown boots today and don't care if I'm skint all month as they look fab smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now