Talk

Advanced search

Bought a new mattress today

(5 Posts)
Welldoneme Sat 30-Sep-17 18:26:16

I am going through the menopause and the night sweats are causing me sleepless nights so I bought a gel type mattress costing £749 from Dreams.

I have never spent this much money on a mattress so please tell me I did the right thing?

whirlyswirly Sun 01-Oct-17 20:06:47

I've just done the same. Wise investment, don't worry. Just make sure you have an easily removable, washable mattress protector too.

UpLighter Sun 01-Oct-17 20:11:53

I spent a lot more than that just go get out the shop.
It was probably one of the best purchases I have ever made. The mattress is lush and made such a difference to sleep.
I cringe at the thought of having to replace it though!

Surfingwhippet Tue 03-Oct-17 18:05:43

Yes, spent £800 on a new mattress in may. Hand made, wool/cotton. I was so looking forward to a good night's sleep. It was awful!

3 months on however, I'm sleeping better than I have for years so I'm very pleased with our new mattress now

CMH123 Sat 07-Oct-17 06:01:56

I'm ex Dreams management. They do a 40 night comfort trial, so if you don't like it you can re select. You pay the difference if it's more expensive. Returned mattresses from the trial are sent to specific clearance stores, so there's no risk of someone buying new but being given a return.
Were you advised to have gel, or did you decide that yourself?
Using pure cotton bedlinen will help to keep the bed cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now