Talk

Advanced search

Dyson v8 or Bosch Athlet?

(9 Posts)
Jas8085 Sun 24-Sep-17 21:53:55

And which model?

Our house has wooden floors throughout + carpet on the stairs. I need something that's light weight so that I can quickly clean the floors every evening. also need a hand held attachment for the car etc. We don't have pets but DD and I have very think long hair. We shed a lot

Any relevant advice is gratefully received!

ohfourfoxache Mon 25-Sep-17 02:47:09

Just purchased a Dyson V8 and it's absolutely brilliant. We've got carpet throughout/tiled kitchen and bathroom and it manages well on both. Stairs are a doddle. Very lightweight and manoeuvrable.

It doesn't do as thorough a job as the big corded Dyson, but for daily whip rounds it's fantastic. I wish I'd been able to persuade DH to get one years ago.

Ohthepressure Mon 25-Sep-17 12:59:11

We've got the Bosch Athlet. It's a good all round vacuum, does an hour on one charge on level 2 intensity which is fine for most flooring. You don't need to hold the button in all the time, unlike the Dyson (I think). But it would be a faff to use in the car I think, you'd need to take it apart and fit the strap and hose accessories.

headintheproverbial Mon 25-Sep-17 13:13:18

I have the Dyson V8 animal and absolutely love it. Use it handheld sized daily just to get crumbs from under the table and frequently for the car and stairs. Just amazing piece of kit.

Liz38 Mon 25-Sep-17 13:29:25

Another vote for the athlet. Wet have the pet version. It's very easy to use and changing the set up to do cars etc isn't much hassle. Ours has completely changed how we clean the house, it's out every day, quite often more than once, because it's so easy, whereas it used to be a once a week chore. And the difference on picking up pet hair (and DDs long hair) is amazing.

MissPollyPops Tue 26-Sep-17 15:22:13

If u buy the athlet, make sure u buy the version with the tools or it's a nightmare to get right into the corners next to the skirtings..

Jas8085 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:05:05

Thanks everyone!

Those with Athlet, do you have to physically cut the hair off the rotating brush? I have a Henry now - it just sucks up everything

Jas8085 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:06:58

Dyson v8 animal - looks like this doesn't come with a fluffy brush for hard floors. So it's either V8 absolute or Athlet for me

PickANameAnyName1 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:48:13

Yeah u need to cut hair out the brush. Although it's easy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: