Talk

Advanced search

What rechargeable vacuum for hard floors?

(20 Posts)
WineBeforeCake Wed 13-Sep-17 08:49:18

I think the pet/children balance has tipped against the house and I urgently need a rechargeable vacuum for people to wizz round with several times daily.

We have uneven hard floors (rough waxed stone) mostly.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions? Most people I know have lovely flat floors or carpets 😂

jennycam2017 Wed 13-Sep-17 11:57:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WineBeforeCake Wed 13-Sep-17 14:21:56

Thank you jennycam. I was thinking I needed a cordless one, but if that one is really good on hard floors....?

Going to read the reviews! Thank you!

Spaghettio Wed 13-Sep-17 14:29:09

We have the dyson v6. We have hard floors (tiles and wood) and carpets. It's great for all of them.

Having it actually makes me want to clean the floors! It has changed my life (I'm also less shouty at my kids if they drop stuff - it's easier to get them to hoover it up than sweep).

Liz38 Wed 13-Sep-17 14:41:12

We've got the Bosch athlet with a moulting cat and a moulting child and it's brilliant on both the hard floors and the carpet. And it was cheaper than the Dyson which mattered to us!

WineBeforeCake Wed 13-Sep-17 16:04:26

Thank you ☺️

Am none the wiser but am restricting myself to just those and reading reviews --will go for

WineBeforeCake Wed 13-Sep-17 16:05:06

Posted when the cat jumped on me 😂

It's all her fault - moulting everywhere 😂

MrsCharlesBrandon Wed 13-Sep-17 16:12:29

We have the dyson too, fantastic for my moulting DDs and the hound!

user453678953 Wed 13-Sep-17 17:20:24

I bought this one on Monday and love it. My 9 year old hoovered the whole house with it last night. It's really light and easy to use
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7034110

mumofthreesmallmen3 Wed 13-Sep-17 21:00:40

We also have Dyson v6 it is worth it! So easy to hook it off and do a quick hoover of the crumbs and really good for stairs it's so light!

WineBeforeCake Sat 16-Sep-17 18:56:53

Thank you everyone so much.

I have ordered the dyson v6 and it is due to arrive this evening. I am actually a little bit excited 😂

I wonder if I can persuade DH to fit the bracket to the wall at 10pm when it's here? It can then recharge overnight and I can try it out tomorrow.

How sad is this that I am so excited 🙈

Thank you!

Hunkle Sat 16-Sep-17 21:22:04

Im a bit late. I have the Bosch Athlet.
Amazing!

WineBeforeCake Sun 17-Sep-17 08:24:49

hunkle it was between the two, but I found the dyson for cheaper with free same day delivery.

Rainatnight Sun 17-Sep-17 08:26:27

Where did you find the Dyson for cheaper, OP? I think I'm about to crack and get one.

WineBeforeCake Sun 17-Sep-17 12:53:35

rainatnight

Argos. I bought it lunchtime yesterday online and it was delivered at dinner time, for free.

I was going crazy price checking. And there are just a stupid amount of different models.

So if you find other one cheaper now please please don't tell me as I was going mad

Jas8085 Fri 22-Sep-17 10:26:21

Hello ladies,
I absolutely need a cordless hoover RIGHT NOW.

Dyson V6 or Bosch Athlet ? Or go all out for Dyson V8? (is it worth 3x the price ? ) I have wooden floors all through. I also regularly vacuum the car. you wont believe how much mess my toddler can make

I'm tempted by the 60min battery time with Athlet. I cant do the whole house in 20 mins (V6)

Jas8085 Fri 22-Sep-17 10:45:32

Also, I need a small hand vac attachment.

WineBeforeCake Fri 22-Sep-17 11:17:05

I went for the V6 but now I half wish I had gone for the V8.

Arghhh.

My cleaners do a really good job every fortnight with their own vac though, so it’s more every day cleaning I use it for.

But for over £500???? Not sure any vac is worth that!

Rainatnight Fri 22-Sep-17 12:59:51

You'd nearly made up my mind and I've just seen it on sale in Curry's! What's wrong with it/what makes you say you wish you'd gotten the 8?

WineBeforeCake Fri 22-Sep-17 19:05:34

rainatnight I just get into the cleaning 😂

Seriously, the V6 is great. The best price last week with free same day delivery was Argos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: