Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mouldy bedroom - help!

(2 Posts)
pudding24 Sun 09-Jul-17 11:18:49

In a privately rented flat. Rest of the flat doesn't have a mould problem, even the bathroom doesn't.

In the bedroom, all walls are plastered except one which is wallpapered. There are black mould spots on the wallpaper and all the wallpaper seams have a pink bloom. Mould grows on the curtains. And the window gets full of condensation and the frame gets black mould if I dont wipe it often enough.

I don't dry clothes in here or do any other moisture producing activity. Never have the radiator on as I can't sleep with it on. All I can think of is there is this water pipe that runs through the bedroom - or the bedroom is also next to another flat's kitchen - but still not sure if that would do it? Or since the window seems to be such a hot spot, could it be badly sealed or something?

Is there anything I can do to resolve this myself or do I need the landlord's help i.e. to replace the wallpaper for one thing?

hairymuffet Sun 09-Jul-17 23:39:55

Do you open the window daily ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now