Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does this exist??

(13 Posts)
SentientCushion Wed 05-Jul-17 23:19:08

My home is tidy but I want it sparkly clean like how grown ups have it. I can only ever seem to get it not messy rather than immaculate. I have a routine of cleaning but I forget about all the one off jobs that need doing and then end up doing it once a year in one going and hating my life.

What I need is an app that gives me little daily chores, so it'll remind me once a month or whatever to wash the doors and wipe down the banister and then the next day it'll tell me to wipe down the window frames and mirrors. Then maybe you could get points for what you do and compete with friends like a Fitbit but for cleaning.

Does this exist?? If it does what it is it??

MyOtherProfile Wed 05-Jul-17 23:21:37

Fly lady might do that. Not sure if it is an app as well as a website though.

Sunnysidegold Fri 07-Jul-17 08:50:54

There's an app called unfuck your habitat which can give you random tasks based on rooms.

Babypythagorus Sat 08-Jul-17 22:48:28

You should make that app!

Akire Sat 08-Jul-17 22:49:33

Don't do fly lady unless you are happy getting least 20 emails a day. I'm NOT kidding! I lastest a week before I cracked up.

CrochetBelle Sat 08-Jul-17 23:04:02

Try an app called Motivated Mums

FusionChefGeoff Sat 08-Jul-17 23:11:06

I would NOT try a housekeeping app called 'motivated MUMS' out of fucking principal. Appalling gender stereotyping.

user1493202565 Sat 08-Jul-17 23:35:16

I use an app called "Chore Checklist". It does exactly what you described. I can set things to be done daily/every week etc and set reminders. You can pick whatever time interval you want. You can also set things to repeat x amount of time after you last completed a task rather than "every week on monday" etc. There is a "due date view" where it shows things that are overdue first in red, then things that have to be done today in orange etc.

Another good one I've used is "Home Routines" but its paid. It looks nicer and it has the addition of "zones" from Flylady (which you can also customize). It doesn't have the due date view though so I use the other app.

user1493202565 Sat 08-Jul-17 23:36:47

Id like to add however though that neither of these apps have motivating features, they are just fantastic for organizing your chores.

Ouch44 Sat 08-Jul-17 23:44:13

I use Tody. I share it with my husband so that when he does chores they get ticked off too. You assign areas and how often you want to do them and then the display goes green when done and changes through to red when overdue.

SentientCushion Sun 09-Jul-17 01:08:10

I'm trying FlyLady and haven't subscribed to the emails. So far I have done my home blessing hour hmmwhich took 4.5 hours to complete as I ended up deep cleaning and cramming the week tasks into one day. blush
My house has never looked cleaner but let's see how long this lasts....

The 15 minutes of loving movement sounds fun though grin

HolyShmoly Sun 09-Jul-17 21:04:24

I need you to make this app please. I love a good bit of gamification.
I often think of offering a service where I randomly tell you I'm coming round in around 30 minutes. We all know we get the most cleaning done in that pre-visitor panic! You should make this an add-on.

MinniesAndMickeysNeedCounting Mon 10-Jul-17 13:43:36

user1493202565 I've downloaded the chore checklist app. Would you mind saying how i customise how often I do a task, e.g. I want to put in to clean inside windows every 2 months but it only gives the standard options eg monthly or every 6 months, can I set the intervals manually to what I want?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now