Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tips on deep cleaning the house

(10 Posts)
Stormystar Mon 03-Jul-17 12:51:44

Hi, does anyone have any good tips on doing a really good deep cleaning of the house?? I'm constantly cleaning the basic and have a good routine but have noticed that it needs more...but where do you find the time? Any tips or suggestions, please?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 03-Jul-17 12:54:27

I pay my son to wipe down the woodwork with wet wipes.

0nline Mon 03-Jul-17 12:58:58

Don't try and profoundly clean a kitchen in just one day.

<groans while clutching back>

I think in future I am going to make it routine that we do one single wall of one single room, per week, for a deep clean.

So in a month the kitchen will get done, and by the time we've done the same to living room and bathroom we'll be back to the kitchen. Just in time. And hopefully not as bad as yesterday and today has been, cos it's only been a couple of months.

Bedrooms aren't so bad. Can do one of them per month and it'll be fine.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 04-Jul-17 22:09:00

My routine is simple - I wipe down all the kitchen cupboards and brillo pad the oven racks every Sunday. I do the cupboards while I am cooking the dinner and they are white and always look clean.

I use baby wipes to clean switches, doors (around handles) and toilets. I tend to del clean the bathroom while DC are in the bath. I don't do it each night but one night I will do the toilet properly. The next, limescale remover shower doors. Another I relax.

Change the beds each friday. Press& put away clothes each day. Batch cook every weekend I.e cook two roast chickens and make curries etc so during the week no mess really - maybe only one pan for rice.

Windows. I really want a window cleaner but dh does them with a hose and I do the noticeable ones on a Monday and the mirrors.

I don't really stop cleaning - today I pulled the sofas out and washed the cushion covers. I also zoflored the bedroom carpets . I will hoover them after first dates.

millifiori Tue 04-Jul-17 22:14:41

I deep clean one section of the house about every two weeks, which means that everywhere gets a deep clean a couple of times a year and areas like bathrooms get one once every couple of months.

By deep clean, I mean de-scaling showerheads, decluttering cupboards, pulling out heavy furniture to hoover behind it, bleaching tiles etc.

Normal cleaning is just a bit every day - most of it on Saturday mornings, but something every day so it doesn't pile up.

MeanAger Tue 04-Jul-17 22:17:11

My tip is don't even start. Because it never ends. Pay someone else to do it. grin

wobblywonderwoman Tue 04-Jul-17 22:21:32

I think manager is a wise person!!!

Maybe just dim the lights and live in blissful ignorance grin

wobblywonderwoman Tue 04-Jul-17 22:21:49

Mean agwr

DownUdderer Thu 06-Jul-17 05:10:32

Wet wipes really are great! I'll wipe a few things over and then while they're still wet but not too grubby I'll fold them over and wipe a kitchen cupboard over or something, it feels like I've done three little jobs in one!?

afferal Thu 06-Jul-17 11:47:38

This website has some really good tips
www.unfuckyourhabitat.com/cleaning-checklists/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now