Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I being stupid?

(12 Posts)
KoalasAteMyHomework Thu 29-Jun-17 16:26:18

We have an oven with a grill setting. Grill is part of the main oven and not separate.

There was a big tray in the oven that sits under the wire oven shelf to catch fat etc when grilling. Anyway it was disgusting and beyond help so I threw it out.

I am looking for a replacement but can't find one. Only those pans with handles etc. Am I being stupid - surely they exist???

memyselfandaye Thu 29-Jun-17 16:30:15

Have you tried Lakeland?

memyselfandaye Thu 29-Jun-17 16:31:01

I would try posting again in Chat for more traffic too.

KoalasAteMyHomework Thu 29-Jun-17 16:53:52

Yes tried there first but thanks!

Good idea thanks

Redsippycup Thu 29-Jun-17 16:58:06

Google 'grill pan with removable handle' the handles clip on and off so you can shut the oven door.

Or can you use an ordinary roasting pan if that isn't what you are after?

wowfudge Thu 29-Jun-17 17:54:59

If the pan you chucked out is still in your bin, get some Oven Pride and put it in the bag with the solution overnight. It will come up clean.

If you can't rescue the one you chucked, look for a roasting tray, but it probably needs to be big enough to take the rack.

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 30-Jun-17 14:32:14

Yes tried some super Oven cleaner stuff from Lakeland. It was totally ruined so it went to the tip.

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure I'll find a roasting pan big enough and I think it'll be too deep. Might try the grill pan with a removable handle, thanks!

DramaAlpaca Fri 30-Jun-17 14:34:37

Try espares.

I sourced a glass shelf there for my ancient fridge and a replacement oven shelf too.

AndTakeYourHorseWithYou Fri 30-Jun-17 14:36:20

How was it disgusting? Didn't you clean it after use?

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 30-Jun-17 15:06:40

AndTakeYourHorseWithYou Thanks for that. Oven came with the house, grill pan was horrific when we moved in. Haven't been able to shift the muck and frankly haven't got the time or inclination with a 2yo running around. So it's got worse and was unusable.

Drama thank you. Will definitely have a look.

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 30-Jun-17 23:47:27

Found it on espares. Thanks so much Drama

DramaAlpaca Fri 30-Jun-17 23:48:54

Oh that's great! Happy to have helped smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now