We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Housecleaner hours advice

(4 Posts)
babynelly2010 Thu 22-Jun-17 15:13:50

I have 4 bedroom terraced house with 3 bathrooms and cloak room. Today I got a try out cleaner. She came in and did a lot more than I thought she would do in 2 hours, I was happy.
She was from the agency, she said to properly clean my house she would like 3.5 hours. I do clean my house but with 3 children I can never get it to perfect stage. I did calculations and can afford about 8 hours of cleaning help a month. I thought I would get cleaner ever 2 weeks for 4 hours or every week for 2 hours. Which is better?
I do some cleaning. Any advise please from expert house keepers with cleaning help.

Redglitter Thu 22-Jun-17 15:16:58

Go for weekly. I used to get fortnightly and changed cleaners and now get someone weekly for less time. I love having her come weekly. I definitely prefer a shorter weekly clean to a longer fortnightly one.

PetalMePotts Thu 22-Jun-17 17:37:07

Four hours every other week. She can do a really thorough clean in that time, paintwork, tiles, skirtings, ledges as well all the usual surfaces, I find that after the cleaner has been it stays tidier and cleaner for 2 weeks.

iloveanicecake Sat 24-Jun-17 17:29:21

I'd go for weekly, some jobs won't need doing every week. Be realistic about what can be achieved in 2 hours and it will work out fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now