Talk

Advanced search

Please could you recommend a good non-stick frying pan that doesn't cost the earth

(22 Posts)
PrincessFiorimonde Wed 14-Jun-17 22:06:38

Apologies if this has recently been asked before - I looked at the first 2 pages of this section and didn't notice a similar question, but I'm very sorry if I missed something and am annoying someone by repeating the query.

As the header says, I'm just looking for a good non-stick frying pan that doesn't cost £££. I bought a couple of ceramic pans not long ago (I think £30 for both a small-sized and a medium-sized pan), but they proved to be not very non-stick at all.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

FrogFairy Thu 15-Jun-17 20:16:54

No help to you now, but I usually buy them from Lidl or ALDI when they have them.

The price is generally £10 to £12 pounds for a full size pan. I have found they last very well.

Babyblues14 Thu 15-Jun-17 20:23:25

Agreed, dh came home with a frying pan from aldi a few weeks ago. We do food shopping there but I was a bit skeptical about the pan. Its the best frying pan I've ever used. I absolutely hate making fried eggs usually. They bloody stick to the bottom all the time. But with this pan they slide round all over the place and haven't stuck once. And even better I think he only paid £6 for it. Hopefully they are still there as I will be going back for a spare before they stop selling them

P1nkP0ppy Thu 15-Jun-17 20:26:44

I was given a Jamie Oliver one and it's brilliant, no sticking at all, even at high heat for searing joints of meat.

SecondaryQuandary Thu 15-Jun-17 20:28:10

I swear by a £30 Lakeland one. I had a Le Creuset one but it was too heavy.

borntobequiet Thu 15-Jun-17 20:30:11

Agree with Lidl or Aldi, and they are often induction compatible too.
You could try Home Sense - I got a real bargain Judge frying pan there.

thegoodnameshadgone Thu 15-Jun-17 20:31:05

I've got that jml stone based pan its about £30. Nothing sticks.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 15-Jun-17 20:32:53

I get Jamie Oliver tefal ones from Amazon. They are very non-stick. They get replaced every couple of years because the dishwasher eats then though...

woodhill Thu 15-Jun-17 20:34:28

Tefal are always good

Owlish Thu 15-Jun-17 20:36:17

I second the JML one. I got a large one first and was so impressed I then got the smaller one for eggs. Had them about a year and still nothing sticks to them.

averythinline Thu 15-Jun-17 20:38:23

I am amazed at my (less than £10 ) non stick pan I bought from Sainsburys think it was £6/8 pound 28cm....bought it for camping then noticed you could dishwasher so figured would try at home and its fantastic...just their own brand - have used it loads and dishwashed and its fine well over a year now....

EyeHalveASpellingChequer Thu 15-Jun-17 20:42:07

Link

This frying pan costs £25. It's a bit more expensive but if it degrades, the manufacturer will replace it for free.

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 15-Jun-17 21:01:23

Circulon hard anodised. They last for years.

Got to treat them right though - never dishwasher, just wipe with damp cloth and dry.

Not the cheapest but worth it and often on sale

circulon.uk.com/cookware/fry-pans-skillets.html?limit=all

ChickenVindaloo2 Thu 15-Jun-17 21:03:00

Lakeland ceramic range. Get the wok too it's great!

fredabear Thu 15-Jun-17 21:04:16

tefal on offer in sains at the mo I think

Intransige Thu 15-Jun-17 21:09:26

We have a Stellar one, it's very solid and has survived for about 5 years so far.

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 16-Jun-17 10:18:26

Gosh, lots of suggestions! I'll have a proper look at the links etc. now.

Many thanks to all.

bingohandjob Sat 17-Jun-17 22:30:21

Hard anodised are brilliant - I'd look in TK Maxx, you'll probably get more for your money.

NeonSun Thu 22-Jun-17 07:00:34

I agree with the previous responses here, Tefal and Stellar models are the best smile My family had both of these pans and they were very good even after many years smile I got my own Tefal model too and yeah, they're always good smile
Also some electric skillets like in this list from cozzy for example have good quality too and some of them aren't very expensive smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Jun-17 07:08:34

Saintsbury's own make-up brilliant!

Namechangearoo Thu 22-Jun-17 07:11:50

I have lots of "fancy" pans but my best non-stick is a £8 job from IKEA! It's fairly small - I bought it for an apartment I was staying at alone for a few weeks that didn't have a decent frying pan - but perfect for 3 fried eggs/an omelette/pancakes etc. Next time I'm in IKEA I think I'll get another one!

WowOoo Thu 22-Jun-17 07:21:53

I got a great one from TK Maxx. They have Tefal and other known brands as well as German and Italian makes. Can't remember the price, but it was cheaper than Sainsbo's as I returned the one I'd got from there.

I bought a fab roasting tin there too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now