Talk

Advanced search

Aqualisha Shower query

(7 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Wed 07-Jun-17 11:23:22

Our digital quartz Aquilisha shower is beginning its seventh year. Last year we received an offer to continue its previous five year cover if we took out insurance with Homeserve. It cost £97. This year they are asking for £120.65p. for another year. We no longer have a bath so really need the shower. It works with a combination boiler.. and has some kind of control box in the loft. The shower was installed by an engineer originally when he changed our water and boiler system over, when the tanks were all removed. I cannot remember how much we paid for the shower. My real concern is the need to be able to call someone if the shower runs when it shouldn't which happened to someone I know! Also how much is a call out? Any input would be gratefully received as to the reasonableness of the cost.

kkkkaty123 Wed 07-Jun-17 21:37:39

Look on their website for call out charges. I have same make but digital. It's two years old and has gone wrong more times than I can count. So has my friends who had the same one. Ours are both covered for now so not to worried. When it's no longer under guarantee I probably would take out the cover. However my fil ( who is excellent at saving ) has no insurance for anything other than house and car. He has several jars for washing machine, car, fridge etc etc. He puts a few pounds a week in each one. If one of those mentioned breaks down and is beyond his repair he has the money to buy brand new ( other than the car wink). I however am not that good at saving

HappydaysArehere Thu 08-Jun-17 00:07:43

Thanks kkkkaty. Sorry about your bad luck with your shower. It's not just the cost (gulp) but getting hold of someone to fix it. It was Aquilisha that directed me to Homeserve as they said they didn't offer an insurance. Ours has a box in the loft which controls it. I asked someone today about costs and was told that was the most expensive part of it and the box would cost around £300. I agree with your fil about the insurance as a whole. I don't take out insurances on all the usual items you get offered with the exception of my cooker and hobb as they are so essential and a pain to renew. However, as we no longer have a bath that shower would be a pain if it breaks down. Let's cross fingers and hope for the best. Thanks again.

kkkkaty123 Thu 08-Jun-17 07:11:19

Ours has been fine for a while now. Fingers crossed it stays that way. £300 for a new box yikes. I think I'd definitely take out extra cover when the time comes. Do aqua definitely not offer their own ?

HappydaysArehere Thu 08-Jun-17 09:07:53

Last year when the guarantee ran out I received notification which said that Homeserve were dealing with further insurance. I remember ringing them at the time and querying it but had this confirmed. Yesterday I rang Homeserve with a query and listened to the normal press this for that etc and heard something about not registering new customers. I spoke to them and was told this was for new customers only and that new business was being handled by Castle.....not sure of the last part of the name. However, I could continue as I was an established customer. All this may have changed by the time your guarantee runs out. Never realised that getting clean could be so expensive! I am about to have shower now and treating the whole operation with respect.grin

kkkkaty123 Thu 08-Jun-17 13:52:50

Lol ! Our shower kept going wrong on the hottest dirtiest days ! Apart from the problems we had they are good showers

HappydaysArehere Fri 09-Jun-17 01:17:54

I was told they were the best so let's hope so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now