Talk

Advanced search

Stain removal

(3 Posts)
TheDuchessOfKidderminster Wed 31-May-17 13:12:15

I'm having a bad washing day today angry Half the load came out with stains still on, which didn't budge even after the Vanish stain treatment and a second wash. They're all outside now in the hope the sunshine will work better.

Anyway, I was wondering what the best method was to get rid of random clothes stains (mostly generated by my two small children!) and what products I should get in, since the ones I've got are obviously crap!

Alexis1983 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:54:37

Use a biological powder that contains colour safe oxygen bleach, like Ariel Original Powder. It works on all my stains, no hassle. Also use a fabric softener, as this helps to prevent stains from setting in the fabric's fibres. Using a longer wash cycle gives the detergent more time to work on those nasty stains too! Hope this helps x

Ahardmanisgoodtofind Thu 01-Jun-17 23:58:10

Washing up liquid rubbed into wet stains. Wizz is a cheaper version of vanish but (might just be me) seems to work better on dps gross chef stuff at least
Last time I had this problem though it was my machine,filter was blocked. Bleach and hot cycle and back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now