Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Kitchen installation

(6 Posts)
blissfulbabe Wed 31-May-17 09:57:47

We are having a new kitchen from Ikea. We are using their installation service because I cannot get anyone local to give me a quote for fitting. I've tried all the sites like Ratedpeople and contacted loads of local kitchen fitters, joiners and builders. Despite this only two people expressed and interest, only one actually turned up but he never submitted a quote.

Has anyone used the Ikea installation service? If you have, would you share the timeline?

Thanks in advance.

VeryPunny Wed 31-May-17 10:06:42

IKEA use contractors to fit kitchens, so they aren't directly employed by IKEA, if you see what I mean. We had our kitchen installed by the IKEA contractors two years ago, and are very pleased with it. Apart from a bit of messing around with dates, the fitters were very good - high standard of workmanship and nice people to have around. Everything still looks as good as new after 2 years of abuse. The company IKEA use in our neck of the woods also do the fitting for John Lewis kitchens as well, so they aren't the bargain basement fitters no-one else wants to use either!

We bought our hob and oven separately and they fitted those too.

It was a very straightforward process. Using their fitters also meant that any missing bits or hassle with the delivery wasn't our problem either.

SheSparkles Wed 31-May-17 10:09:11

We used the fitting service, albeit 10years ago and it was hassle free. It was a pretty big job which involved them knocking down walls and moving stuff around, and they did it all within Mon-Fri.

Badders123 Wed 31-May-17 10:12:52

Can I ask...do they do plastering, re siting of pipes etc?

VeryPunny Wed 31-May-17 10:29:29

We had just finished a rennovation so our trades had done all the plastering/pipework/electrics etc, but I think they would do plumbing and electrics, not sure about plastering.

Badders123 Wed 31-May-17 10:39:30

My mum needs her kitchen doing but I think it needs some other work too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now