Talk

Advanced search

Any Samsung EcoBubble owners?

(17 Posts)
sweating Tue 30-May-17 06:12:59

I'm not sure if my machine has a fault / needs some kind of maintenance or if these minor issues are just One Of Those Things.

It's < a year old (not sure of exact model; I'm in bed and it's downstairs!) and every single BLOODY wash I get a sock stuck in the little rubbery lip between the door and the drum. This doesn't cause any problems with the wash itself but means the trapped sock needs to go through another wash cycle.

The door and seal also seem to get fluffy extremely quickly (I do the maintenance cycle regularly, like a good girl) and have unclogged the filter thing behind the little flap on the front.

It also can't seem to calculate the correct drying time. Even with a small load, it still comes out slightly damp. Grrr.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else suffer these (obviously very traumatic...) issues?

Despite all of this I must caveat and say that I LOVE my EcoBubble. How could you not when it plays a little song when it's finished?! grin

Any advice / experience gratefully received.

AllFurCoatNoKnockers Tue 30-May-17 06:17:19

I love love love my eco bubble but have all the same issues as you!!

Have spent many an hour on the floor with that little hose emptying.

I've lost so many socks in the lip it's ridiculous. All our socks now go in to a delicates bag so that's helped.

The only way I've managed to fix the dryer is by not using the automatic 2:20 dry option because I've noticed it adjusts the timings based on the weight. Sometimes cutting it down to an hour!! I manually add the time to around 3:30 and that doesn't cut the drying time because of weight. If it's still damp, whack it on ironing mode for 30 mins.

PossomInAPearTree Tue 30-May-17 06:28:49

I have one. Don't get the stuck sock thing though sometimes I notice there's suds in that area at the end so I figured they've got stuck and missed the rinse cycle.

I never do a maintenance wash, never opened the flap, never seeen any fluff.

Stuff comes out damper than my old machine but this is only a 1400, last machine was a 1600 which I figured was the cause of the extra dampness.

sweating Tue 30-May-17 06:28:57

Oh really?! I can't believe I'm not the only one with the sock issue! I genuinely considered buying some different socks to see if it was that causing the problem grin

I have recently started manually setting the dry time rather than allowing the machine to weigh the load and set it itself. It does seem to help but I'm always concerned about 'over drying'.

Have you ever unplugged it and done a proper service? I think there is something about this in the manual. If I'm honest I'd rather pay someone who know what they're doing to come out and fiddle around with it blush

sweating Tue 30-May-17 06:30:16

possom Mine TELLS me I need to do a drum clean cycle thing with that little passive aggressive icon on the display. It's like a threat grin

Thank you for your replies flowers

PossomInAPearTree Tue 30-May-17 06:32:27

Mine has never told me that! Maybe I have a base model?

sweating Tue 30-May-17 06:35:55

It's a little red drum icon with a star next to it. I think it appears every 40 washes or so. (Which is about weekly with the amount of clothes my DC get through angry)

PossomInAPearTree Tue 30-May-17 06:40:35

Nope, never had that.

buntingqueen Tue 30-May-17 06:46:23

Mine isn't a dryer version, but yes to the sock thing!!!! Every single time!

Nodney Tue 30-May-17 07:01:02

Got an eco bubble a few weeks ago and yes, a sock every time!

WildNightsWithAndyDay Tue 30-May-17 07:03:56

Got a 1 year old eco bubble and have the dreaded sock everytime.

We also get a shitty little message telling us there's a water inflow problem every 10 minutes throughout the cycle which we then have to restart. No repair man has yet fixed it. I hate the fucking thing.

TheBrandNewBLUE Tue 30-May-17 11:34:25

I get the sock issue too - but only with my 2yr olds socks - my older DC and my socks never get stuck. But I still love it, cleans amazingly well.

sweating Tue 30-May-17 12:53:46

I can't believe the sock issue is a THING. This is a revelation.

I too love my EcoBubble, despite some of it's functional downfalls. I consider it one of my DC if I'm honest.

sweating Tue 30-May-17 12:55:12

wild What have Samsung got to say for themselves about that? I'd be furious. It's not like it's a cheap bit of kit.

WildNightsWithAndyDay Fri 02-Jun-17 11:53:55

sweating Samsung claim its due to low water pressure in our house. We've had 3 different people out to look and all of them have said that although our water pressure is slightly low it is still well within the normal range and would have no issue filling a washing machine.

It's beeping again now in the background and may well drive me to kill (only half joking). The most annoying bit is that you have to let it beep for 3 minutes each time before you can press the button to restart.

AVeryBigHouse Sat 03-Jun-17 22:18:36

Yes! The sock thing! Only my 4 year old twin's socks get stuck though hmm.

ChocolateHelps Sat 03-Jun-17 23:07:31

Me too with the sock thing! CBA to put socks in delicates bag, just sacrifice the kids sock (not every wash though). Not got the dryer version. Do run the drum clean wash when red symbol flashes. Got DD1 (11) to work out how to switch off the damn song at the end of the wash! Stain removal cycle is amazing though and makes it all worth it (sad I know!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now