Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you RINSE your dishes??

(58 Posts)
Atasteofcreme Mon 29-May-17 22:17:10

All you dishwasher lot can smug off somewhere else wink

Hand washers non slatterns do you rinse? Or stack with bubbles?

Or even.......air dry with bubbles shock

I'm a non rinser. Much to the shock horror of my mate earlier

AirBiscuitEater Mon 29-May-17 22:18:33

I'm a rinser.

Atasteofcreme Mon 29-May-17 22:20:40

Air. You are also wrong

Don't you feel very swish wasting all that water? Doesn't your sink overflow? Do you have a fancy seperate spraying tap? So many questions!

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Mon 29-May-17 22:51:53

Rinse into second sink. Hate it when you use a glass or mug and there is soap residue on it.

khajiit13 Mon 29-May-17 22:56:34

I rinse. My sink doesn't get too full because I don't actually put the plug in...

TheRattleBag Mon 29-May-17 22:59:34

I only rinse glasses. The rest sit with bubbles and I'm not dead yet. DP is a ringer though, so I pretend to if he's watching...

Fernanie Mon 29-May-17 22:59:52

I rinse. Sometimes when I go to someone's house who doesn't, I can taste the dried soap on my glass / in my food. I assuage my guilt at the water wastage hmm by remembering that we have a faulty shower that cuts out after 6 minutes, so on balance think our water consumption is still lower than most.

TheRattleBag Mon 29-May-17 23:00:16

Rinser not ringer ffs

MsWanaBanana Mon 29-May-17 23:03:36

If you don't rinse it just leaves soap marks and a funny taste, especially if you have a soup or a stew type dish. You can actually taste the soap mixed in with it. I thought everyone rinsed. I didn't even realise not rinsing was a thing?!?

AntigoneJones Mon 29-May-17 23:05:37

i am a total slattern but obviously I rinse..
Are you seriously telling me you put all the dirty dishes into soapy hot water and wash them in that and put them to drain without rinsing them?
That is minging and as I said I am the least fussy person ever.

kingfishergreen Mon 29-May-17 23:13:40

I rinse because I am sensible and non slatternly.

Joffmognum Mon 29-May-17 23:29:05

I rinse, but in cold water. Don't see the point in wasting the hot water if it's already clean

SnickersWasAHorse Mon 29-May-17 23:30:49

I don't rinse.
Nanette Newman didn't bother rinsing did she.

Atasteofcreme Mon 29-May-17 23:32:10

Hmm. I think you lot are using too much soap. My kids have to wait months to make a rocket out of my empty bottle

Fill with hot soapy water and a sash of soap. Wash glasses and cutlery. Empty and refill. Do bowls/plates. Empty refill and do pans.

No rinsing

AntigoneJones Mon 29-May-17 23:32:51

sorry taste that is simply...bogging.

SnickersWasAHorse Mon 29-May-17 23:35:41

Robbie Coltrane didn't hold with rinsing www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Itl-nqk1Q

Neither did Nanette Newman and an entire scout jamboree
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nvqLoEyofQ

Theresnonamesleft Mon 29-May-17 23:36:51

Rinse. Mixed with the bubbles will also be food particles.
My sink doesn't get full of wate because I am one of those weirdos that have a bowl.

ColossalKalamari Mon 29-May-17 23:39:23

I don't rinse and it hasn't killed me yet

Babyiwantabump Mon 29-May-17 23:43:56

I don't rinse .

Fill bowl with hot water and bubbles .

Drain (when I eventually actually get back to do it the water is cold)

Refill with clean water and bubbles and wash - put on draining board to dry .

I don't taste soap on anything and only have a single sink so no room to rinse .

I do have a fancy pants Joseph and Joseph washing up bowl though .

I wish I had a dish washer though!

hellokittymania Mon 29-May-17 23:44:33

I clean one piece of cutlery at a time. Somebody mentioned that a tub would be easier, but then they said Tubs can get mouldy? I don't want to wash my dishes or soak them in a moldy tub. So I take the sponge, wipe it, turn the water on and rinse.

BackforGood Mon 29-May-17 23:54:33

-Normally use dishwasher but--

When I wash up, I put the hot bubbly water in the bowl, then rinse things under cold tap before leaving them on draining board.
If I@m washing up a lot of days worth of stuff I may add some hot water later, but I don't understand why you'd be throwing water out twice in the middle of a washing up session ? confused

MissPollyPops Tue 30-May-17 07:12:26

I rinse with cold water.
Mostly because when I was at school, the home economics teacher told us that the soap residue could cause cancer 😲

chickpeaburger Tue 30-May-17 07:51:25

I have a dishwasher but there are always things to be "manually"done. I don't have a basin: I do it Asian style. Washing under a running tap and of course rinsing.

Notso Tue 30-May-17 08:08:24

If handwashing I rinse before and after washing. If you don't rinse beforehand the water gets minging and if you don't rinse afterwards then the dishes aren't clean.

TheRattleBag Tue 30-May-17 09:48:33

I have never rinsed and never tasted soap. Either you're all using far too much, or you're all super-tasters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now