Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your bathroom?

(16 Posts)
user1496066746 Mon 29-May-17 15:23:21

And what do you use to clean it? I feel like I'm doing it wrong - everything I've tried before is v chemically/strong smelling so can't use it while DCs in bath as so many people seem to. Help!

Fragglez Mon 29-May-17 15:26:24

Reluctantly. Sorry, not helpful.

With watered down bleach in a spray bottle usually.

DubiousCredentials Mon 29-May-17 15:41:33

I use Aldi own brand flash, watered down in a spray bottle with a few caps of zoflora.

Spray all over shower cubicle and wipe off with microfibre cloth. Rinse after then buff chrome bits. Zap any mouldy bits with mound and mildew spray.

Curse the shower cubicle for having too many nooks and crannies where dust and misc crud collect and poke at them with an old toothbrush.

Spray and wipe sink.

Clean loo with antibacterial wipes. Squirt some loo cleaner down.

Dust skirting then wipe floor with microfibre cloth.

Scowl at anyone wanting a shower within the next 24hrs.

Chasingsquirrels Mon 29-May-17 15:44:43

Infrequently.
With all purpose cleaning spray (kitchen usually).
Bleach down the loo.
Viakal on shower screen and taps etc if I need to shift limescale.

whiskyface Mon 29-May-17 15:48:47

I use ECOVER all purpose cleaner, which is supposed to be environmentally friendly. I keep a ready made up mixture of the cleaner and water in a flower spray bottle thingy as its handier. I usually use their toilet cleaner but have a Toilet Duck at the moment as it was on special offer. So spray the toilet seat, top of toilet, handle, base of toilet and floor surrounding it (I live with widdly-woos) and wipe clean with toilet paper (Kim and Aggie tip) which I flush down the loo. Then leave toilet to soak with cleaner. Then spray bath and scrub with one of those ktichen scrubbers and then sink. By this time toilet should be ready to be scrubbed with toilet brush. Et voila, toilet done until family wreck it again.

Anatidae Mon 29-May-17 15:51:37

www.packoplock.se/grumme-gronsapa?___store=packoplock_swedish&price_including_vat=1&feed-sku=535206&affiliate=adwords&campaignid=470995630&adgroupid=31628830870&keyword=&gclid=COmw-vqsldQCFUngGQodvC4Bow

This stuff. Not sure if you can get it in the uk but it works, doesn't seem terribly grim toxicity wise and has a pleasant smell (marzipan.)

Crunchyside Mon 29-May-17 15:56:42

I have started using Method products recently as they smell nice and are supposedly less chemically, well, safer chemicals at least.

I don't tend to clean the bathroom as an actual whole task, I tend to try and keep it clean as I go along...

I keep a cleaning spray in the bathroom itself so I can give sink etc a quick spray any time and I usually have a microfiber cloth handy too.

Shower screen gets squeegeed after every shower and then I wipe it down with the microfibre cloth as well.

Toilet gets bleached whenever I remember to do it, every couple of days I guess, I keep the bleach tucked away next to the toilet.

Sink gets properly cleaned every few days and I wipe the taps with a bit of loo roll or a microfibre cloth in between proper cleans as I have big flat modern chrome taps which show up every little water mark. When I do a proper clean of the sink I also wipe any dust and stuff off the toilet and clean the inside of the toilet lid and seat etc, then I chuck the cloth in the wash.

StealthPolarBear Mon 29-May-17 15:59:20

I use washing up liquid

Chillidawg Mon 29-May-17 15:59:39

I live in a very hard water area and have 3 bathrooms, all of which were refitted last year. All have vinyl floors which get vacuumed and wiped with antibacterial floor wipes.
I use Tesco washable microfibre cloths (white) to wipe down sinks and their units, no chemicals
I use Harpic toilet cleaner and toilet brushes to clean loos, wipe seats and rims with microfibre cloths (blue).
Now here is the weirdy bit. Every morning the last person in each shower wipes down the tiles, shower controls, hose, riser rail, taps, and screen with a DRY hand towel. I have never needed to use any limescale products on these showers. I've just walked upstairs and taken a photo of one of the showers as it is now, having been wiped over with a DRY hand towel at 11am today. It's been used on a daily basis for for 11 months and has never had any chemical cleaner used on it. The taps are just as bright and limescale free. It seems if you can firstly get them clear of limescale, then invest less than 30 seconds a day (I do mine when standing in the shower after I turn it off) in drying them, you can save much time, £, and no chemically pongs/rinsing.
The tub itself is wiped over with antibacterial floor wipes.

jamrock Mon 29-May-17 16:00:06

Bleach in the loo whilst I fill the basin with warm water. Spray the inside of the shower with a spray bottle containing water and a bit of white spirit vinegar. Few drops of bleach in the water in the sink. Wipe down the sink, surfaces and bath with a coarse weave cloth. Clean the loo with kitchen paper and put in the bin. Buff it all down with a big towel - bung that in the wash with the cleaning cloths and any flannels etc left in the bathroom.

My kids have allergies to a lot of cleaning products so we just use bleach, lemon juice, white vinegar and bi carb which don't upset their skin.

CremeEggThief Mon 29-May-17 19:23:01

Flash bleach sprayed on sink, bath, taps, soap dish, toothbrush mug, rinsed and wiped with a microfibre cloth. Looking cleaned with anti-bacterial wipes (about 3 per clean, for different parts) and toilet cleaner inside and dried with toilet roll.

Dancinginthemidnight Mon 29-May-17 19:27:46

I clean the mirrors and shower screen first with baby shampoo on a cloth and then buff with kitchen roll. I clean the sink then shelf, bath then toilet with cleaning wipes and put some bleach down the loo. The floor gets swept and mopped with zoflora.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Mon 29-May-17 19:31:00

We use 'you' - it's refillable and smells awesome!
I tend to give the shower tiles a quick wipe down when I've just put conditioner on as we have very hard water so they get marked very quickly.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 29-May-17 19:31:16

I use Method,it's lovely.

Itsnotmesothere Mon 29-May-17 21:54:12

I clean mine twice a week. 1 thorough clean and 1 touch up. Thorough clean: put domestos in both loos. Clean entire sink, and shower cubicle.with Cif and cloth. Scrub areas around sink and plug hole if needed. Use Barkeeper's Friend on cubicle grout if needed Use damp cloth to get dust off skirting boards. Clean toilet with brush. Using separate cloth with all purpose flash wipe all around loo. Clean floors with flash. Touch up: wipe around all areas with Flash water.

Itsnotmesothere Mon 29-May-17 21:54:55

Oh yeah and I hoover before cleaning floors

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now