Talk

Advanced search

My tumble drier is smelly

(5 Posts)
orangina Sun 28-May-17 14:42:54

Help! Someone left some wet things in the tumble drier (door shut) and didn't turn it on. Days ago. The damp clothes that I have just discovered in there smell horrible (will have to re-wash) but the tumble drier itself also smells. I don't want to put a new (clean) load of laundry in there for it only to get smelly as well.

Any helpful hints oh wise ones? Can't think how to utilised bicarb or lemons, my two go-to anti-smell things.....

Thank you smile

wowfudge Sun 28-May-17 18:22:11

Wipe it out with hot water and bicarb solution and leave open to dry off (you may have to 'rinse' with plain water afterwards). Or how about an old towel wrung out in water with disinfectant added put in to dry? Chances of the tumble dryer transfering the smell are remote I think.

e1y1 Sun 28-May-17 20:37:26

Clean it out with a bleach spray and cloth.

Done this with mine and it's been fine.

wowfudge Sun 28-May-17 21:24:33

I wouldn't​ use bleach because there's a risk of damaging anything you put in it afterwards.

orangina Mon 29-May-17 15:02:33

Thanks ladies.... in the end, I put some lemon juice on a clean rag, and tumble dried it (before you posted, I didn't just ignore you.....!). It seems to have done the trick....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now