Talk

Advanced search

What can you use to keep loo smell fresh without touching it?

(16 Posts)
upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 11:58:09

I don't like touching things after having been in the loo so don't want to use a spray! I feel I would have to wash my hands again as I don't know if others would be touching it (the air freshener) without having washed their hands.
Can anyone recommend something that they use? I think incense and oil burners would need too much vigilance and I have two very young dc so that isn't an option.

gamerchick Sat 27-May-17 11:59:52

you want an alternative to keeping it clean?

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sat 27-May-17 12:00:31

I use an automatic spray, you can get big or small ones in the supermarket and they have a movement sensor so go off when someone moves near it. Works a treat!

upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 12:07:23

Saor Can you recommend which one you use?
I thought they were just for commercial use in restaurant loos etc. So pls tell me which ones you use.

alwaysonadiet1 Sat 27-May-17 12:20:30

For room fragrance, diffusers are less toxic than chemical air fresheners

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sat 27-May-17 13:13:23

I've got 2, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. www.airwick.co.uk/our-products/automatic-sprays/freshmatic-starter-kits/air-wick-freshmatic-compact-kit-pure-spring-delight/
www.airwick.co.uk/our-products/automatic-sprays/freshmatic-starter-kits/air-wick-freshmatic-max-kit-crisp-linen-lilac/

Both are great!

ParadiseLaundry Sat 27-May-17 13:41:23

I'm sure I will be flamed for this because this includes a toilet brush! I pour half a bottle of Zoflora into the toilet brush holder and it keeps loo smelling lovely.

<runs and hides>

upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 14:17:32

always This may be a daft question, but how do room diffusers work? Are they like incense - do you have to light them?
Also are they effective at hiding loo odours?

logicallyspeaking Sat 27-May-17 17:38:43

you might wanna check out this toilet spray I've been using it for years and it always keeps my bathroom and smelling fresh:-)

dementedpixie Sat 27-May-17 17:45:03

This is a reed diffuser. The reeds sit in the bottle of fragrance and the fragrance travels up them and diffuses into the room.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Sat 27-May-17 19:44:30

Reed diffusers give off a nice subtle background fragrance, they don't really mask loo smells but TBH i'd rather have loo smells than be in a confined space with a vat of Zoflora or one of those self activating air fresheners (the latter give my migraines).

alwaysonadiet1 Sun 28-May-17 15:31:42

Upwards, you don't light them but they are stronger if you turn the reeds upside down every couple of days.,

alwaysonadiet1 Sun 28-May-17 15:33:09

They are very subtle if essential oils, less so with chemical perfumes but better for health than air fresheners .... I think ....

rollonthesummer Sun 28-May-17 15:38:50

Demented pixie-is that the lovely peach and prosseco diffuser from Tesco!!?

AcrossthePond55 Sun 28-May-17 17:19:28

Keep two spray bottles in the bathroom. The 'regular' one and a small one you keep in a drawer or in a cupboard that only you know about. Use that one to spray when needed.

specialsubject Sun 28-May-17 18:20:19

Open a window and accept that excreta smells a bit.

Clean toilet when needed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: