Talk

Advanced search

What can you use to keep loo smell fresh without touching it?

(16 Posts)
upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 11:58:09

I don't like touching things after having been in the loo so don't want to use a spray! I feel I would have to wash my hands again as I don't know if others would be touching it (the air freshener) without having washed their hands.
Can anyone recommend something that they use? I think incense and oil burners would need too much vigilance and I have two very young dc so that isn't an option.

gamerchick Sat 27-May-17 11:59:52

you want an alternative to keeping it clean?

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sat 27-May-17 12:00:31

I use an automatic spray, you can get big or small ones in the supermarket and they have a movement sensor so go off when someone moves near it. Works a treat!

upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 12:07:23

Saor Can you recommend which one you use?
I thought they were just for commercial use in restaurant loos etc. So pls tell me which ones you use.

alwaysonadiet1 Sat 27-May-17 12:20:30

For room fragrance, diffusers are less toxic than chemical air fresheners

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sat 27-May-17 13:13:23

I've got 2, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. www.airwick.co.uk/our-products/automatic-sprays/freshmatic-starter-kits/air-wick-freshmatic-compact-kit-pure-spring-delight/
www.airwick.co.uk/our-products/automatic-sprays/freshmatic-starter-kits/air-wick-freshmatic-max-kit-crisp-linen-lilac/

Both are great!

ParadiseLaundry Sat 27-May-17 13:41:23

I'm sure I will be flamed for this because this includes a toilet brush! I pour half a bottle of Zoflora into the toilet brush holder and it keeps loo smelling lovely.

<runs and hides>

upwardsandonwards33 Sat 27-May-17 14:17:32

always This may be a daft question, but how do room diffusers work? Are they like incense - do you have to light them?
Also are they effective at hiding loo odours?

logicallyspeaking Sat 27-May-17 17:38:43

you might wanna check out this toilet spray I've been using it for years and it always keeps my bathroom and smelling fresh:-)

dementedpixie Sat 27-May-17 17:45:03

This is a reed diffuser. The reeds sit in the bottle of fragrance and the fragrance travels up them and diffuses into the room.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Sat 27-May-17 19:44:30

Reed diffusers give off a nice subtle background fragrance, they don't really mask loo smells but TBH i'd rather have loo smells than be in a confined space with a vat of Zoflora or one of those self activating air fresheners (the latter give my migraines).

alwaysonadiet1 Sun 28-May-17 15:31:42

Upwards, you don't light them but they are stronger if you turn the reeds upside down every couple of days.,

alwaysonadiet1 Sun 28-May-17 15:33:09

They are very subtle if essential oils, less so with chemical perfumes but better for health than air fresheners .... I think ....

rollonthesummer Sun 28-May-17 15:38:50

Demented pixie-is that the lovely peach and prosseco diffuser from Tesco!!?

AcrossthePond55 Sun 28-May-17 17:19:28

Keep two spray bottles in the bathroom. The 'regular' one and a small one you keep in a drawer or in a cupboard that only you know about. Use that one to spray when needed.

specialsubject Sun 28-May-17 18:20:19

Open a window and accept that excreta smells a bit.

Clean toilet when needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now