Talk

Advanced search

Ok I really want BORAX but that isn't available any more, please tell me your homemade ANT KILLERS

(7 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Fri 19-May-17 11:29:50

The little blighters are driving me crazy

Used to use BORAX and sugar, but can't get that any more sadangrysadangrysadangrysadangrysadangrysad

So what works instead please?

Have tried the traps from shops but they just walk past them

So need something that they will take back to the nest

Please help me MN

TIA

RTKangaMummy Fri 19-May-17 11:32:29

Cleaned with white vinegar and water to try to stop the pheromones from the previous ants iyswim

But still they come

So really need something for them to take it back to the nest to kill at source

UnaOfStormhold Fri 19-May-17 11:58:52

Peppermint essential oil worked as a repellent and smells nice too!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 19-May-17 12:05:59

Have you tracked to the nest? I killed a whole colony with boiling water once. Felt dreadfully about it, but was causing a mare in the house.

RTKangaMummy Fri 19-May-17 12:27:34

Thank you

Will try to find peppermint oil in shops

Well we know where they come in, at the bottom of skirting board, between skirting board and carpet

Are nests outside?

It is on an outside wall so could look at outside of it

ThatsNotMyMummy Fri 19-May-17 12:54:45

Ant powder along your skirting will do the job, have a look at the outside wall you should see them marching along there, you can put the powder on the outside as well.

Ive got some at the moment but i can't work out where they are coming in, they've found the easter egg stash though angry

Stiddleficks Fri 19-May-17 12:56:31

I put talc down where they come in and along the runner of the doors, it can look a bit messy but it's worked for us so far. And I also pour hot water on the nests too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now