Talk

Advanced search

Do you know much about Laguiole cutlery?

(6 Posts)
saladsmoothie Thu 18-May-17 09:33:56

The cutlery in the picture is a set of Laguiole cutlery that I rather want. What I don't understand is why you can pay anything from 30 quid to 200ish for much the same looking thing, 24 piece set. Obviously there must be variations in quality (and you can get different colour schemes too) but I can't seem to find any definitive guide so I can work out what to buy.

Pantah630 Thu 18-May-17 13:34:08

Have a look in TKMaxx they sometimes have it in there.

Babymamaroon Thu 18-May-17 21:16:21

I was looking at this exact same thing yesterday and had the identical query!!

So, it transpires that Laguiole is not a brand but a region in France where these knives are made.

This explains why some are seemingly dirt cheap and others very pricey. They are made by different companies, wildly varying in quality! On the back of that, I decided not to buy.

cazzyc Fri 19-May-17 14:52:39

You can rely on the quality of Laguiole by Jean Dubost. John Lewis stocks this one and we've had a few bits that have been excellent quality.

LittleWingSoul Fri 19-May-17 16:35:38

I was going to say the same about Jean Dubost yesterday but I couldn't post for some reason! It is Jean Dubost Laguiole that they often have in tk maxx for a very good price too.

saladsmoothie Sat 20-May-17 00:38:56

Brilliant. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now