Talk

Advanced search

How to remove black mould from ceilings?

(5 Posts)
blastcorps Sun 14-May-17 15:39:15

Hi, I have black mould on the ceilings of the bedrooms and bathroom in my house. In the past I have used bleach or white vinegar to remove it but it keeps coming back. Are there any suggestions on how to remove it so it stays away for a long time? Thank you

LIZS Sun 14-May-17 15:43:25

You can get special paint once you've treated it but you need to ensure you have resolved the cause, probably condensation, or it will come back.

GlitteryFluff Sun 14-May-17 15:45:34

You can buy an anti mould paint that you paint over the top of it.
So clean area, couple of coats of the anti mould paint then go over the top with the colour you want in normal paint. Or leave it if the colour is fine.
It is expensive but from my experience it's worth it (lived in a grotty council flat and it was good). It will probably come back but it will be a lot slower.

Moanyoldcow Sun 14-May-17 21:19:47

Use the Dettol anti mould spray - it's very good. Then get a dehumidifier for the bedrooms. Ours was a game changer - we used 2 constantly.

flyingporkies Mon 15-May-17 14:08:18

You need to open your windows to get proper ventilation in there because that's why the mould is growing in the first place. I would say use this mould spray on your ceiling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now