Talk

Advanced search

Handle on Smeg fridge

(4 Posts)
Rosie70 Sat 13-May-17 15:22:38

Does anyone know how to get it clean and shiny? I've tried loads of different cleaning products to no avail. I can't work out if it's stainless steel or aluminium. Anyways nothing I've used has worked as you can see in the photo.

wowfudge Sun 14-May-17 08:34:48

What was it like when you got it? I wonder if something you've used has reacted with the metal and permanently discoloured it - the same thing can happen with taps. The instructions will usually be just to clean with a soft cloth. Fwiw I think the colour is quite nice and retro.

wowfudge Sun 14-May-17 08:34:58

What was it like when you got it? I wonder if something you've used has reacted with the metal and permanently discoloured it - the same thing can happen with taps. The instructions will usually be just to clean with a soft cloth. Fwiw I think the colour is quite nice and retro.

Rosie70 Sun 14-May-17 12:00:19

Oh god you're probably right. I've done the same to the ring in the basins... But don't remember using anything strong on it. Not really nice and retro in reality but thanks for the kind words!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now