Talk

Advanced search

Help - what's crawling around my bathroom! (pic included)

(13 Posts)
Mumneedstea Thu 11-May-17 19:57:11

Hi all,

We were away for 2 weeks and we came back and saw the bathtub had about 10 - 15 of these tiny bugs in it... All dead. We got rid of them all and cleaned the tub and then next day a couple more were back. We also find them around the window sill and the general vicinity around the other end of the bathtub... Away from the taps. They couldn't possibly be coming from the bathtub drain as they seem to drown in water. Also because they are always around the other end of the tub. There was one old sponge and some old plastic bath toys arpund the place where they seem to be coming from. We got rid of them 2 days back and cleaned everything and the bloody things were back this morning. I need to figure out what they are and where could they be coming from!
Any help would be greatly appreciated smile

TIA!

eerry Thu 11-May-17 19:58:30

Bit tricky to see from the pic but are they cockroaches?

MakeItStopNeville Thu 11-May-17 19:59:01

Stink bugs?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 11-May-17 19:59:29

get a bit nearer...we might see something!

Gingernaut Thu 11-May-17 20:01:14

Variegated Carpet Beetle

The larvae are destructive little beggars nicknamed woolly bears.

Honeyandfizz Thu 11-May-17 20:03:44

I keep getting these on my bathroom window sill. No idea what they are or where the hell they are coming from!

Mumneedstea Mon 15-May-17 13:15:27

Ginger thanks for that link... now I at least know what they are!

I cleaned out everything in the bathroom and they still keep coming angry. They are definitely originating from somewhere around the window sill. I know they are harmless, but still very annoying!

GloriaV Mon 15-May-17 18:58:16

Squirt some fly spray in the cracks round the windows.

moutonfou Mon 15-May-17 20:28:19

I got a generic fly spray and sprayed the life out of the whole house (since they were appearing in every room!). They haven't been back since.

Mumneedstea Mon 15-May-17 23:27:29

Will try the fly spray and report back.

Eragonsegg Tue 16-May-17 00:06:21

Definitely variagated carpet beetle! We had an infestation about 10 years ago when we moved house. Took us months to get rid of them. Even pest control didn't clear them. My advice is just to hoover hoover then hoover some more. They live behind furniture beds etc good luck!

SwimmingInTheDeepBlueSea Wed 17-May-17 14:00:53

Try "protector C" spray and spray where ever you think they are coming from. Harmless to mammals once dry but kills any bug that dares to step where it was sprayed for months indoors.

Mumneedstea Wed 17-May-17 14:16:09

Eragon maybe it's time I invested in that cordless hoover! smile

swimming thanks for the suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now