Talk

Advanced search

Fresh smelling laundry!?

(7 Posts)
user1494423075 Wed 10-May-17 18:50:42

Ok so I'm a bit of a laundry freak. I love buying new softeners etc and I'm obsessed with making my clothes smell gorgeous..... I was wondering if anyone has tricks and tips to make their washing smell lovely? I always wash it in the washing.... then soak it in the sink with water and two capfuls of my fave softener... then rinse it.. it always comes out smelling amazing!! Am I the only one who does bazar things like this?

Longdistance Wed 10-May-17 18:52:44

I recently used the fabric conditioner from Lidl's called Doussy (?) the yellow one.

Omg, my washing smelt beautiful 😱

SerialBodenReturner Wed 10-May-17 18:54:07

The Lenor 'unstoppables' things that you put in the wash are the only things I've found that leave a lasting scent on clothes - they're lovely.

OregonShales Wed 10-May-17 18:55:15

Another unstoppables fan here....they're wonderful!

e1y1 Mon 15-May-17 17:11:11

I wouldn't go to the effort of soaking in a sink on top of using a machine for nice smelling clothes, but don't see a problem with anyone who does.

For nice smelling clothes, one of the things that I find leaves the strongest scent is those Lenor Unstoppables, as mentioned by a PP.

However, I use either these or conditioner as using both together (as designed) is just too much. I am lucky enough that I am in a very soft water area, so I don't miss the conditioner when using the Unstoppables. As the Unstoppables don't condition, only fragrance.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 15-May-17 17:12:43

I use white vinegar to get rid of lingering smells in clothes.

Lelly0503 Tue 16-May-17 19:33:35

Mix part fabric softener with water and add to the wash 10 mins before the cycle finishes, the smell is so much stronger!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now