Talk

Advanced search

Rug doctor

(7 Posts)
bluuue Wed 26-Apr-17 16:16:05

Any opinions on renting a rug doctor? Are they worth it? My carpet doesn't have any really bad stains just looking like it could do with freshening up.

GoldenHoops Wed 26-Apr-17 16:49:28

You will be surprised at the colour of the water despite the carpet not having any stains! It is worth doing though, I always go over the carpets again with the tank empty to ensure the carpet is left as dry as possible. It's unnecessary to buy their expensive cleaner though, I use one from home bargains or Persil bio.

bluuue Wed 26-Apr-17 17:23:00

Ah brilliant thank you, yeah I'm guessing it will be filthy really thanks to my two boys but thankfully no bad stains just when I move the sofa or tv stand and see the difference in colour blush

wowfudge Wed 26-Apr-17 20:06:19

Easy to use as they are upright, not like some other carpet cleaners. I use Persil liquid - about half a dosing ball to a full tank of water. It doesn't foam up, which is exactly what you want.

anotherBadAvatar Wed 26-Apr-17 20:43:36

I tried it with the view that it was so cheap compared to a professional carpet cleaner, so if it didn't work, I wouldn't really have lost anything since I was going to get a pro in as the next step anyway.

It was great. Hard work and left the carpets wetter than when a professional does it. I do a professional clean every 2 years and a rug doctor clean every so often in between (usually in the spring or if carpets looking particularly mucky).

Ecureuil Wed 26-Apr-17 20:48:06

They're fab. We have two pre schoolers and a dog, and a cream carpet (rental property). They really do make a big difference, and are easy to use.

bluuue Thu 27-Apr-17 08:31:32

Ah brilliant I will definitely go for it then!! Yeah I also have a light cream carpet and two young children I don't know what came over me not my best decision!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now