Talk

Advanced search

URGENT HELP WITH GROSSNESS NEEDED!!!

(18 Posts)
LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 11:55:48

Fucking DP....henceforth to be known as disgusting pig man, has been off work for 4 WEEKS (this is very relevant!)

He has just come into the house after clearing his van, with my lovely, treasured stainless steel thermos flask....THAT HAS BEEN IN THERE ALL THAT TIME!!!

It did have coffee in it....now it is a riot of mould- if you put a bolt of electricity through it you could start new lifeforms! envy <<<<<< SO NOT ENVY!!

I have already thrown up, just opening it! angry

Apart from beating him to death with it, what the actual fuck can I do???

Do I have to throw it out??

I can't afford a new one at the moment, and I use it a lot in spring and summer!

HELP ME OH WISE MNERS!!

Camperdine Wed 26-Apr-17 11:58:53

Get him to wash it and then keep cleaning it with boiling water. Do not use bleach. I wrecked my stainless steel flask with bleach.

It should be fine to use once it has been thoroughly cleaned.

HepKestrel Wed 26-Apr-17 11:59:56

Make him clean it out for you?

it might take several stages of cleaning

1) fill it with boiling water -> pour out
2) repeat step 1 until lumps removed.

do you have a "bottle cleaning" brush?

i would also fill it with boiling water and washing up liquid overnight?

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 12:00:42

I knew the no bleach thing....once ruined a coffee pot that way!

Obviously it will be him cleaning it, I certainly fucking wont be, but it is saveable right?!

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 12:02:23

I think I need the least gross method really, as he has a dicky heart and is already stressed, so making him throw up while cleaning can't really happen!

Is there something we can soak it in over night so it smells less/ kills all the life??

Camperdine Wed 26-Apr-17 12:03:05

It should be OK. The stainless steel shouldn't retain odours.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 12:04:38

I have zoflora (thanks MN for teaching me about that genius liquid!), bicarb, white vinegar, soda crystals.

All my washing up liquid is wishy washy eco stuff.....great for washing dishes....not sure how good it'd be at soaking out the stench! <Boaky McBoakFace>

LadyCassandra Wed 26-Apr-17 12:05:30

Try Milton (sterilising liquid used for baby bottles) once you've got all the crap out. Leave it for at least 24 hours.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 12:05:52

Ok....I'll go with the boiling/soaking method...

It truly is utterly, utterly vile!

I'm buying him a My Little Pony flask as revenge....when he goes back to work he can take it in that! grin

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Wed 26-Apr-17 12:09:12

Oooh sterilising stuff...hadn't thought of that!

Will give it all a go then hit him on the head with it

MintToBee Wed 26-Apr-17 12:12:24

Try washing powder?
I've discovered it's magical stuff for pots and pans.

TheLionQueen Wed 26-Apr-17 12:58:45

I use bicarb and hot water in flasks. Neutralises without leaving a funny smell!

kkkkaty123 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:19:48

I was going to suggest bicarb too

nellythegoat Wed 26-Apr-17 13:25:51

Milton is not good for metal!

For tea stained t-spoons my always used to use denture cleaning tablets, they used to come up a treat.

abbsisspartacus Wed 26-Apr-17 13:28:01

Bicarb it overnight

Chipsandonionrings Wed 26-Apr-17 13:30:01

I have done this with mine blushangry

I rinse it out, then use hot water with dried rice in it and shake to get lumps off. Then soak in Milton until the stink goes. This might need to be repeated several times. Yes I am a minger but I clean it out myself!

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 26-Apr-17 14:20:18

Milton contains sodium hypochlorite aka bleach.

I'd go with the boiling rinses and then hot water and bicarb soak.

AEspana Wed 26-Apr-17 17:22:03

Hi Guys
On the topic of cleaning, does anyone have any recommendation of a trusted house cleaner? desperately want/need one (depending if its me or my husband saying it!)
Thank you!
Abi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now