Talk

Advanced search

Does anybody freeze plain yoghurt / Greek yoghurt ?

(5 Posts)
2015mom Tue 25-Apr-17 10:40:21

Does anybody freeze plain yoghurt / Greek yoghurt ?

We usually run out of plain yoghurt a lot and thought I would start freezing it so I don't have to go to the shops just for yoghurt.

wowfudge Tue 25-Apr-17 10:57:04

Buy more when you shop? It's usually pretty long dated. If you freeze it the texture and taste are likely to change and it might not be pleasant to eat.

wowfudge Tue 25-Apr-17 10:57:04

Buy more when you shop? It's usually pretty long dated. If you freeze it the texture and taste are likely to change and it might not be pleasant to eat.

Matchstickbox Tue 25-Apr-17 10:58:13

I've frozen it in small star shapes for dd. Seems fine and melts ok if she takes a while to eat it.

2015mom Tue 25-Apr-17 11:01:29

Okay thank you for the responses. It's plain yoghurt to use with Indian curries. Yeah it does have a pretty long date. Usually we have some in fridge but occasionally run out.

We meal plan so have enough to keep us going but it's more when we get last minute visitors and have Indian food then wusually run out of yoghurt or need to go to the shop and buy expensive yoghurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now