Talk

Advanced search

How on earth do I put names on Sistema bottles?

(20 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Sun 23-Apr-17 08:57:15

We use Sistema bottles for our two dc and at home it's easy to tell which bottle is which because they have their own colour bottle, but for school and clubs they really need to be identifiable. I put stickers on them and then loads of sellotape over the top which works but quickly looks disgusting after a few washes, so I bought a sharpie pen that supposedly writes on anything, but the second the bottle gets wet the sharpie just wipes off! confused Any clever tips?

RedBugMug Sun 23-Apr-17 09:00:04

we scratch the initials on side and bottom and them sharpie over the top.
when it rubs off the colour will stay in the scratch.

NannyR Sun 23-Apr-17 09:01:06

You could use a tag on an elastic band around the bottle neck and remove it when you wash it.

thereinmadnesslies Sun 23-Apr-17 09:01:29

Name it Labels sell plastic labels which look nice and survive the dishwasher

Theworst Sun 23-Apr-17 09:02:47

I buy dishwasher safe labels from ebay. We have loads of things to label though. If it was just 2 items it wouldn't be worth it.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sun 23-Apr-17 09:06:02

I used Labels4Kids. DS's name labels are still on them 6 years later!

Outdoorsy5644 Sun 23-Apr-17 09:06:33

We have a Sharpie Laundry pen that survives the dishwasher. It's meant to be for labelling clothes and being repeatedly washed, but works pretty well on bottles and lunchboxes too.

DowntheTown Sun 23-Apr-17 09:08:28

Tippex (or equivalent), write with sharpie on top, the clear nail varnish over all of it.

Read that on here.

And does work, but will wash off after a while.

xyzandabc Sun 23-Apr-17 09:11:30

Stickins.
We use them for everything, they stay on for years, fine in the dishwasher and washing machine.
[https://www.stikins.co.uk]

Bert2e Sun 23-Apr-17 09:13:22

Get a white paint pen - not totally permanent but better than a Sharpie!

wonkylegs Sun 23-Apr-17 09:13:37

Tiny me name labels survive the dishwasher well

BroomstickOfLove Sun 23-Apr-17 09:14:58

Our name labels stay firmly attached and the bottle is invariably lost before the label looks a nothing other than lovely.

KakunaRattata Sun 23-Apr-17 09:18:54

I got uniform stamps from stamptastic, wish I'd done it years ago now. Stamped all ds's plastic crockery for scout camp and it survived the dishwasher, guess it'll fade over time but it's no hardship to restamp it.

SoupDragon Sun 23-Apr-17 09:20:48

The proper stick on labels you can order from many companies are pretty good. If you have a short uncommon surname you can get one set made up as A Surname B and cut off whichever initials isn't applicable for that child.

On the sew in clothes labels, DS1 was A Dragon, DS2 was Dragon B and DD was Dragon.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Sun 23-Apr-17 10:13:12

We use Easy2Name stickers they stay on really well. Get the ones that stick onto clothing labels, then you can use them for more things they stick just as well as the lunchbox ones.

Chocolateporridge Sun 23-Apr-17 10:39:01

Wow, thank you all so much, loads of great tips smile I think I'll give the stickers a try.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 23-Apr-17 10:52:36

Nail polish.

TakeASipOfDancingJuice Sun 23-Apr-17 10:55:25

Easy2Name stickers have latest months on our Sistema bottles.

MissRainbowBrite Mon 24-Apr-17 12:33:11

I put Easy2Name stickers on all DD's drinks bottles and some are still on after 18 months and don't look manky.

Plipplops Thu 27-Apr-17 10:36:27

Stickins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now