Talk

Advanced search

Are integrated dishwashers smaller internally than freestanding ones?

(11 Posts)
Theworst Sat 22-Apr-17 07:43:12

We have an integrated dishwasher that was in our house when we moved in. I think is is one of those ones you get free when you install a kitchen. Apart from the fact that it takes 3 hours on the quickest setting and nothing comes out clean, we can't fit everything from one meal in there. Like, there is no room for a few dinner plates, a small pan, a bigger pan and cutlery. If we put pans in there is no room for cutlery and we can't put in more than 2 dinner plates. We have to put it on several times a day and with it taking so long we have mountains of dishes all over the place all day.

I'm not in a position to replace it at the moment but I want to start looking at options so that I know what to get in the future. I had a freestanding one before and never had this problem. It also had a 30min quick wash setting.

Do I need to avoid integrated dishwashers and go for a freestanding one? They are both 12 place setting, supposedly.

I am not washing up by hand because I have no hot water, before anybody suggests this as a radical new option grin

wowfudge Sat 22-Apr-17 10:05:37

Can you post a photo of the innards of it? How wide is it across and how deep is it?

wowfudge Sat 22-Apr-17 10:05:47

Can you post a photo of the innards of it? How wide is it across and how deep is it?

MaynJune Sat 22-Apr-17 14:40:51

It sounds like a slimline one.

My integrated dishwasher holds far more than yours and has much shorter wash settings as well.

Theworst Sat 22-Apr-17 19:31:46

It isn't slimline. I know somebody with a slimline one and a family of 4 and she survives perfectly well with it. It fits in a standard 60cm wide cupboard. I will measure the inside once I find something to measure it with. I have a pan with a 22 cm diameter and it won't fit in unless I remove the cutlery basket. It's Indesit. Indeshit.

SuperSheepdog Sat 22-Apr-17 22:28:18

Indesit is the worst. I have an AEG, full load perfectly clean on a 30 minute wash.

Theworst Sat 22-Apr-17 22:30:28

It was an aeg I had before! Couldn't bring it here due to the integrated dishwasher. I am still pining for it.

magicstar1 Sat 22-Apr-17 22:31:31

We bought ours in Ikea...60cm cabinet and fully integrated. It's so good!!! Very quick setting, loads of room etc.

BroomstickOfLove Sat 22-Apr-17 22:38:47

I have a cheap but very very good Beko integrated one. I've just loaded it, and it has a cutlery basket, a large mixing bowl, a saucepan, 7 plates, a chef's knife, a long wooden spoon, 2 cereal bowls, 12 glasses, 4 mugs, 1 small mixing bowl, 2 of those plastic Ikea kids' bowls, a whisk and a spatula. As far as I can tell the only difference between that and a non-integrated one is in the door design.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 22-Apr-17 23:03:21

My integrated dishwasher fits what you describe and more (neff, with a cutlery tray at the top rather than a basket). It sounds like yours is for some reason a very poor design.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Apr-17 08:01:13

Ours is intergrated and takes 14 place settings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now