Talk

Advanced search

Integrated fridge used as cupboard

(6 Posts)
knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Thu 20-Apr-17 10:25:11

Does anyone know if I turn an integrated fridge off and use it as an extra cupboard, will it be ok? Or will it get a bad smell?

purplehonesty Thu 20-Apr-17 10:26:33

It will start to stink unless you prop the door open all the time

GavelRavel Thu 20-Apr-17 10:28:32

I do this with the integrated freezer that was in our kitchen we when we moved in. We have a large Erica fridge freezer separate so don't need the space, use the integrated fridge as a drinks fridge.

I don't use it for food storage, more cleaning products etc and it has never really smelt. When we moved in it was empty and had been cleaned and left open and i then thoroughly went over it again with bleach and let it thoroughly dry for a few days. You do occasionally get a slight plasticky smell so i probably wouldn't put food in there.

GavelRavel Thu 20-Apr-17 10:29:36

American not erica

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Thu 20-Apr-17 10:51:15

My parents have been doing this for years, with non food items (clean tea towels, plastic boxes, rolls of cling film etc) no problem at all. Just make sure it is 100% clean and dry first.

knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Thu 20-Apr-17 21:14:11

Thanks everyone, I have it clean and airing out now. Will give it a go with non food items and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now