Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of some glassware China cups plates tea pots etc we don't want

(8 Posts)
Brighteyes27 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:46:51

We have acquired some of the above and have no use of it. Any ides how best to get rid of this quickly and easily and possibly make some cash? Wondered about eBay but may get broken in transit is it better to take it to an auction or go directly to a shop? We just want rid and to minimalise our clutter. Thanks

BarneyRumbleton Sat 15-Apr-17 10:48:37

I'd give it to a charity shop, but you won't make any money that way. Is it especially valuable?

Brighteyes27 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:53:28

We have given away a China cabinet that it was all stored in to charity. We could really do with some cash. Mixed no value to us mainly bought by MIL when DH was married previously and a tiny amount from my grandmas I am keeping some of this.

Northgate Sat 15-Apr-17 10:53:43

I gave some of this sort of stuff to a local charity shop.

But the glassware / plates etc I had was all very ordinary stuff, not valuable or collectible stuff.

Brighteyes27 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:59:21

Yes the glassware is crystal one decanter and some nice crystal glasses if you like that sort of thing. China is all wedge wood some pieces might have a higher resale value than others.

NannyR Sat 15-Apr-17 11:03:04

If it's collectible, you could try a vintage shop, although they can be quite fussy about what they take.
If it's just ordinary, everyday stuff I would donate it to a charity that helps homeless people in setting up a new home, our local church is always after housewares, sheets, towels etc.

wowfudge Sat 15-Apr-17 13:25:50

You could try selling it to a china matching company.

specialsubject Mon 17-Apr-17 12:52:02

...worth a go but the UK is awash with this stuff and most of it has no value. The Americans love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now