Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you deep clean your house?

(12 Posts)
CurlieSue Mon 10-Apr-17 21:17:47

Hi, I'm a single mum to a toddler. She will be going to her Dad's for 4 days over Easter and I really want to deep clean my house as I never get chance to clean it properly, and it really needs it. I've heard 'deep cleaning' mentioned on here a few times, but what does deep cleaning your house actually involve? Can anyone advise? Thank you.

BackforGood Mon 10-Apr-17 21:33:48

I've always assumed it meant doing things you don't normally have time for - moving furniture rather than vacuuming around it, etc.

Scrubba Mon 10-Apr-17 21:35:48

Room by room. Don't move on til it's done.
Moving furniture, wiping walls. Hoovering dust from tops of curtain rails, wardrobes & door frames etc.

NapQueen Mon 10-Apr-17 21:36:57

It means if a hotel inspector came in youd not lose any stars grin

Dust free. Grime free. Clutter free. Too much like hard work if you ask me.

MrTCakes Mon 10-Apr-17 21:40:27

To me it means moving sofas and cleaning underneath, skirting boards, top of wardrobes, door frames, light fittings etc.
Pretty much the only time I do any of this is when I am moving house grin

Redyellowpinkblue Mon 10-Apr-17 21:46:00

I tend to put everything in the middle of the room and clean corners/skirtings/curtains/window frames etc then only put back what I want to keep (actually I usually move furniture around too as I get great pleasure in changing layout grin) and throw/charity/sell the rest.
Kitchens and bathrooms get all cupboards emptied and full clean and steam including on top of cupboards and oven overnight.
It's very satisfying!

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 10-Apr-17 21:46:35

Start at one end of your house and work your way through. Literally start at the back door, pick a corner and go from there.

You'll probably find loads of crap you need to get rid of. Lots of black bin bags, boxes for charity shop stuff etc.

Philoslothy Mon 10-Apr-17 21:54:38

I am a SAHP so have more time to clean than most,

Daily or every other day:
Hoover/ steam mop floors ( I have a roomba to do the hoovering)
Dust/ polish/ steam clean
Steam Clean bathrooms/ wipe down sides in kitchens
Wipe down inside of oven or microwave

Weekly
Wash bedding and hoover beds and big furniture
Hoover under sofas - me rather than roomba
Clean windows
Clean fridge

About every six weeks ( I used to teach - so I did this in the holidays
Clean skirting boards
Clean oven
Clean out kitchen cupboards
Check children's wardrobes for clothes they don't wear and clean wardrobes and drawers

Philoslothy Mon 10-Apr-17 21:56:15

In a deep clean I will will also clean the tops of cupboard, doors etc.

I have been told on here that my deep clean is just basic weekly cleaning stuff though so I may not be representative

Philoslothy Mon 10-Apr-17 21:57:44

I find a deep clean therapeutic, as a previous poster said - I/we start in one corner of the house and clean everything in sight

DalaHorse Mon 10-Apr-17 21:59:48

No surface left untouched, be it by polishing, wiping, washing or dusting as appropriate. That probably covers it!

Practically, it means clearing out all the stuff from a room, including cupboards and wardrobes, cleaning out thoroughly, and only putting back organised stuff not all the stray rubbish like odd socks, old letters, lone balloons, picture frames you'll never use, anything broken or useless etc. Then do light fittings, window coverings and cobwebs. Work from top to bottom as dust/dirt floats to floor.

Philoslothy Mon 10-Apr-17 22:00:50

It also means tacking the random drawer in th kitchen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now