Talk

Advanced search

Post Kondo maintenance

(5 Posts)
PotteryLottery Sun 09-Apr-17 20:34:14

OK, so I've decluttered and tidied so I can see everything.

The problem is at some point I know I will be too busy to put something away tidily so another massive tidy will be due at some point.

Do you always put stuff away neatly? Am I just lazy? Do I need to get rid of more stuff so I can put stuff away more easily?

Thinking for example of DD's underwear drawer which contains school ankle socks, knee high socks, non school socks, pants, weekend tights, winter school tights and summer school tights.

Chrysanthemum5 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:37:48

We massively decluttered two years ago when we had to move out to get work done in the house. It was hard but we loved the end result. It's still fairly uncluttered and I find it's easier to keep it tidy as things have their 'place'. There are pockets of mess, too many papers, and the children's rooms are messy - but overall I find it a much easier way to live. Bonus is that it's easier to clean because the surfaces are clear.

randomsabreuse Mon 10-Apr-17 09:14:37

With the underwear drawer I find drawer dividers great for different sub categories. Or spare shoe boxes...

AlisonWunderland Mon 10-Apr-17 09:29:06

I'm a great fan of child sized shoe boxes for keeping drawers organised.
I have a wide drawer with little boxes which separate short black socks, long socks, sports socks, opaque tights, nude tights, nearly black tights.
Honestly the time I spend putting clean stuff properly away once a week is more than saved by being able to grab exactly what I want first time.
I did some major Kondo about a year ago and it's lasted quite well, apart from the cupboards in the bathroom.
You've given me the impetus to go and sort them out.

A bit of re-kondoing won't take long

AlisonWunderland Mon 10-Apr-17 09:33:28

If you have a branch of Clarks near you, they should be happy to give you a wide range of boxes. I spent some time trying various ones until I got a perfect fit in my drawers.
They're also excellent for controlling the Random Drawer of Crap that everyone has in their kitchen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now