Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher recommendations

(7 Posts)
Timeforprosecco Tue 04-Apr-17 20:11:26

My Bosch dishwasher died on Sunday after just five years confused. I am gutted as I was really happy with it. Unfortunately looks like it cannot be fixed so I need to get a new one.
Not sure whether to go for another Bosch? They can be expensive and I really didn't expect mine to stop working so soon!

Any recommendations which one to get?
It needs to be a slimline as well.

smile

dotdotdotmustdash Tue 04-Apr-17 20:15:54

I bought an integrated SMEG machine a few weeks ago to go into our newly-fitted kitchen. It wasn't hugely expensive at £299 and so far we've been really pleased with it. It feels substantial, it's quiet and the dishes are coming out really clean.
electrical.coop.co.uk/Smeg-DI612E-Fully-Integrated-12-Place-Full-Size-Dishwasher-SME-BDW-DI612E-X?gclid=Cj0KEQjwiI3HBRDv0q_qhqXZ-N4BEiQAOTiCHkt2VkCBYfJBxTiUU5quPGzfGznMUcwuRF-GkJ-9HdoaAk1i8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

dotdotdotmustdash Tue 04-Apr-17 20:17:14

Ooops, sorry - just noticed that you need a slimline.

Asteroid2000 Tue 04-Apr-17 20:22:53

Can't give a recommendation, rather a don't buy. We bought a Bosch SMS40C32GB, but really regret it. The 50 C cycle takes 3.5h and the dishes are still dirty; bits of cereal left on plates, pans still dirty (I have tried running it almost empty, various makes of tablet and detergent). It has good reviews online but my experience of it is really poor.

wowfudge Thu 06-Apr-17 18:16:13

dotdot does the Smeg one gave anything to tell you the cycle has finished please? I need to buy an integrated machine in the next week and have been agonising over different ones around that price.

dotdotdotmustdash Thu 06-Apr-17 18:27:13

Hi Wowfudge. Yes, it does give a little beep at the end of the cycle, but it doesn't repeat and it's easily missed if you're not in the kitchen at the time (unlike our new washing machine that plays about 10 bars of a Schubert tune!). The dishwasher is also so quiet that you have to put your ear against it to hear if it's still on. I like it, it doesn't bother me that I don't know when it's finished since I don't go back to it for a couple of hours.

wowfudge Thu 06-Apr-17 21:48:11

Thanks for that, good to know. I've been looking at a Neff which casts a red light on the floor when it's finished.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now