Talk

Advanced search

WTF is biting me?!!

(7 Posts)
MrsT2007 Mon 03-Apr-17 17:20:46

We have no pets
We have wooden floors

Every time I go into the garden at the moment my lower legs get eaten by something which clearly loves the taste of me.

I spent yesterday weeding etc and now have about 15 red itch bites to add to the batch I got last week mowing and strimming

It can't be fleas, surely? Do they hibernate in lawns or something?! They're the only things I can think of that bite lower legs like this....but in the lawn?

Sammysquiz Mon 03-Apr-17 18:08:57

Is it definitely linked to going in the garden? I had bites on my lower legs for ages & it turned out we had fleas in the footwell of our car!

MrsT2007 Mon 03-Apr-17 18:15:47

Yes, definitely garden based. Specifically lawn and borders

Bitten last weekend, and this, noticed them an hour or two after coming in from garden both times. Nothing in between, not been on the lawn during the week.

whatever it is, these bites itch like fury.

wowfudge Mon 03-Apr-17 20:29:31

Ants? Specifically red ants. Happened to me while gardening and I ended up with cellulitis.

d270r0 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:33:38

Could be fleas if any cats from different houses go in your garden

MrsT2007 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:34:31

Thanks, I'll look into it. I swear I could feel the little buggers biting me as I was weeding. The weekend ones are great big red itchy welts today confused

MrsT2007 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:34:56

Ugh we do have neighbourhood cats....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now