We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Woah, end of tenancy clean £480 plus vat!

(8 Posts)
bignamechangeroonie Mon 03-Apr-17 16:37:08

That's crazy shock 4 cleaners for 6 hours at £20 an hour. 3 bed house, 1 bathroom, NO carpet cleaning.

I'm getting more quotes but omg! Have to have it though so we can provide a receipt to get our (huge) deposit back.

MouldyPeach Mon 03-Apr-17 16:41:55

Ask your LL who they used to clean it before you moved in, could be a chance of special rates.

Ellieboolou27 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:38:16

I hate this, I'm both a tenant and a landlord, I can understand carpet cleaning but if you've lived in your home and kept it clean and tidy then why would anyone need "professional" cleaning! Of course walls may need painting, carpets cleaning but imo its day to day wear and tear. My tenant keeps my flat tidy and clean, when she moves out I'd expect the cooler and fridge to be cleaned out, also bathroom cleaned, she's been there 4 years so if I have to replace a.m carpet or paint a few walls so be it.
Ask the agent / landlord what company they used and also the receipts as £480 sounds extreme!

LittleWingSoul Mon 03-Apr-17 23:25:39

Ellie you sound like a very reasonable landlord!

We have been told to leave the place professionally cleaned when we leave, despite the fact it wasn't done for us :-/ I have pretty high standards and would be happy to do it myself... Don't understand this while providing receipts thing. Feels like a bit of a con IMHO.

Not useful to the OP, sorry!

CountMagnus Wed 05-Apr-17 15:02:23

We will be using our letting agent's preferred cleaners - £210 for 4 bed 2.5 bath house, including windows but no carpets. DH is complaining, although I have pointed out that Pickfords had quoted over £400 plus VAT as part of their removal service.

FurryElephant Wed 05-Apr-17 15:05:07

When I needed an end of tenancy clean I spoke to the company over the phone and explained that the flat was in a very clean condition already but needed proof as was stated in the contract- they came and cleaned for an hour to get any bits I missed and a once over of the kitchen and bathroom, took an hour and cost me £35 grinonly a 1 bedroom though!

SleepFreeZone Wed 05-Apr-17 15:06:02

It's all jus passing the buck onto those that can least afford it. Really shitty behaviour to my mind.

Itsadoublewhammy Wed 05-Apr-17 15:12:00

I had to pay this last year in the south east, it's outrageous and one of the reasons that I pushed to get back in to owning our own house again.

That, renewing tenancy fees, checks and letting agent arses make life miserable for tenants.

I think it's an unfair contract term if you want to fight it.
Depends how much time and energy that you have flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now