Talk

Advanced search

If you have one laundry basket per person in household...

(14 Posts)
1t6y9o Fri 31-Mar-17 21:13:47

Which basket did you buy for everyone?

I've seen it recommended a lot on her as a housekeeping tip to have one basket for each person...fold laundry into each and each person responsible for putting away their own.

I want to buy 4 baskets for this purpose but not sure what size to buy!

00100001 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:15:35

Why do you have one per person? confused

We have two for the house, by the washing machine. One for lights one for darkSo.

Clothes are brought down by owners.

usernjdhkvdgkb Fri 31-Mar-17 21:17:41

Do you mean for sorting laundry so owner can take up and put away?

I would get those collapsible baskets as easy to store in cupboard

Philoslothy Fri 31-Mar-17 21:20:07

I have foldable plastic crates for each person in the house. Our laundry room is upstairs, when their crate is full or I am ready to wash or they are it goes to the laundry room. The clothes go back to their room in a crate.

Giraffesaretootall Fri 31-Mar-17 21:21:08

We have one in each bedroom but I then sort out washing separately in plastic baskets so the bedroom ones never leave the bedrooms.

In bedrooms, similar to this
www.argos.co.uk/product/3094666
Then standard plastic ones for taking it to washing machine etc.

JaneEyre70 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:24:13

We've got 2 teenage DDs and they have a laundry bin in their rooms. DH and I share one kept on the landing. I bought 4 nice Curver wicker effect baskets that live on top of the drier, so there is one for everyone if I'm sorting. The rule is that DDs are supposed to do their own but it's usually left in the drier, on the line or over the radiators....so having their own baskets is a godsend for me.

Sheezus Fri 31-Mar-17 21:43:55

I have laundry baskets/bins in each room.

I did buy a deep, clear plastic box with a lid in IKEA and I labelled them for each child. This box houses the clean socks, jocks, vests, knickers and pyjamas. They are stackable and I keep them in the utility. They (I) then take them up once or twice per week and put them away.

I've been trying to do a similar system for the ironing but I'm not making it work as well!

1t6y9o Sat 01-Apr-17 02:23:38

Yes userndgh! Where do you get the foldable baskets?

1t6y9o Sat 01-Apr-17 02:24:55

Philoslothy - where are your crates from? This is the kind of thing I'm looking for!

usernjdhkvdgkb Sat 01-Apr-17 22:09:33

I got a 3 pack from Tesco about £6

Philoslothy Sun 02-Apr-17 00:26:47

I can't remember where I got them from. Somewhere like the range probably

LittleWingSoul Mon 03-Apr-17 00:06:29

I've got 6 of these 18litre curver baskets. They are pretty so don't mind seeing them sitting on the side and they stack so don't take up loads of room when not in use.

1t6y9o Tue 04-Apr-17 13:46:02

I love those littlewing! Definitely going to buy some smile

LittleWingSoul Tue 04-Apr-17 20:38:19

They had them on special in Tesco a while back... May have to shop around for a deal as I wouldn't have bought them full price!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now