Talk

Advanced search

Moth pupae in boot lining

(9 Posts)
DrawingLife Thu 30-Mar-17 10:11:44

Dear MNers, I'm in need of your wisdom.
I don't know what to do with this pair of children's boots! I bought them on Ebay for my daughter but discovered that the wool lining was full of moth pupae and eaten away in clumps. I double bagged them and arranged refund with seller, but haven't had the heart to throw them away yet.
They're in perfect condition otherwise and a really expensive eco brand (Bisgaard) and taking them to the bin today I just couldn't do it. What would you do? I can't very well give them to a charity shop, can I? Is there a way to reliably get rid of any moth eggs inside?
Your views are much appreciated.

danTDM Thu 30-Mar-17 10:16:31

OMG I feel sick. That is my worst nightmare. I am scared to death of moth larva (helpful), no idea why.

I would say, they will spread and eat everything. It will get worse and worse. I would totally chuck those boots, but that's me and as I said, I have a phobia grin

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 30-Mar-17 10:22:29

Throw. Them. Away.

danTDM Thu 30-Mar-17 10:25:34

grin

wowfudge Thu 30-Mar-17 10:28:53

Throw them away. They aren't in perfect condition, they are harbouring a pest which could cause damage to your home and cost you a lot of time and money.

shocklate Thu 30-Mar-17 13:33:56

You got your money back...just chuck them.

WingsClipped Thu 30-Mar-17 19:44:47

Ewwwwww just throw it away. If you really want to save them I think freezing and then somehow high treating them might work. I would just throw away though tbh. Just reading this is making me shudder

DrawingLife Thu 30-Mar-17 22:35:08

Thanks everyone, you've given me the push I needed to do what has to be done. Sigh. In the bin they go.

bluefeathers Fri 31-Mar-17 06:17:31

Put them in freezer for 3 days. Or a week to be sure!!! Heard it on an advice show from an expert

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now