Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen bin

(8 Posts)
Celegans Mon 27-Mar-17 21:57:23

I need a new kitchen bin because my cat literally claws away all the over hanging bag from my current one making it near impossible empty it without dropping rubbish on the floor!

I have asked him to stop but that hasn't worked so if anyone could recommend me a bin that somehow does not have any of the bag on show I would really appreciate it.

I have had a look at some bins on line but its really not clear whether the bag you wold put in wold be completely hidden.

ZilphasHatpin Mon 27-Mar-17 21:58:37

I have asked him to stop

grin

Could you put a sign on the bin?

smarypants Tue 28-Mar-17 18:56:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Chintaria Tue 28-Mar-17 18:59:04

What about putting a scratching post near the bin? Might be more satisfying for him :-)

QuitMoaning Tue 28-Mar-17 19:00:51

Simple Human. Not sure which one but it is oblong, not round, and takes J size bin liners

WholeL0ttaRosie Wed 29-Mar-17 19:26:49

We have a Brabantia bin and the bags are totally enclosed. It was expensive at the time, £70-ish about fifteen years ago, but still looks like new.

Celegans Thu 30-Mar-17 06:48:44

Ooo what was the deletion for?! Thanks for the replies, I'll try moving his scratching post and check those two bins out.

I'll also put a sign up you never know grin

Tinnie88 Thu 30-Mar-17 06:59:33

Another vote for simple human. The bags are unseen when the lid is shut and they are really strong, no leaks! Also although the bins are a bit more expensive to start I've had mine 6 years and it's as good as the day it was bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now