Talk

Advanced search

Pans that can take a battering

(13 Posts)
satinder33 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:01:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MsHippo Sun 26-Mar-17 21:10:19

Non stick pans will always wear out eventually and the dishwasher will just speed this up. Personally, apart from maybe a frying pan I think you are better of with some proper good quality solid based pans. A good set will literally last you a lifetime! This brand (not necessarily purchased from that shop, it's just a link so you can see them) is brilliant, but there are many others similar. They also have a lifetime guarantee.

slammin Sun 26-Mar-17 21:59:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

fruitpastille Sun 26-Mar-17 22:02:32

I've got le creuset for saucepans. For non stick frying pans (and one milk pan) i buy tefal or similar when on offer and replace every 2-3 years.

MaxineQuordlepleen Sun 26-Mar-17 22:06:11

Le creuset, with Green Pan for non-stick milk pan and frying pan.

PoshPenny Sun 26-Mar-17 22:10:34

I started buying my le creuset pans in the mid-Late 80s and finished about 1991. One of the cast iron casserole pots (the favourite one) looks a bit tatty now but still does the job. I guess they've worked out very cheap on a cost per use basis.

FusionChefGeoff Sun 26-Mar-17 22:11:31

I got an incredible set of not non stick but heavy based stainless steel pans from M&S that are still going strong after 10 years, daily dishwashing, use of knives etc, several boiled dry rice disasters and even 1 chip pan fire!

I rarely have issues with stuff sticking - just got to use the right temp / enough butter / oil etc.

I'll just have a look see if there's anything similar - but agree that actual non stick might not be what you're looking for.

ShizerMinelli Sun 26-Mar-17 22:20:31

We have these - would spend the money again too, they've been amazing. Was a big spend on some pans, but can't imagine I'll ever buy a pan again.

http://www.falkculinair.co.uk/100058/display/falk-copper-saucepan-set?gclid=CPnd6bWM9dICFYQW0wodNWkBkg

FoolishFly Mon 27-Mar-17 17:37:02

Don't go near Aga, really disappointing. After 7 years the stainless ones leaked by handles. The non stick ones failed because I used olive oil in them! Terrible customer service and I was really cross about the non stick ones because I was using recipes from an aga demo!

insancerre Mon 27-Mar-17 17:43:23

I use my pans every day and I've had them 30 years
Prestige lifetime
They were a wedding present
Here's the ad
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XzYtN_DZ53U

MrsFrTedCrilly Mon 27-Mar-17 17:50:45

I've got le creuset casseroles and some pans that are going strong after 15 years. Fissler frying pan is fantastic quality and about the same age I picked it up second quality at tkmaxx they're usually massively expensive. I think dishwashers reduce lifespan on non stick coating so I hand wash them.

LapdanceShoeshine Mon 27-Mar-17 17:52:35

You only really need 1 or 2 small nonstick pans, for things like scrambled eggs & white sauce. IKEA make a lightweight set of 3 which last reasonably well but cost very little.

£5.95 - bargain!

Otherwise you're better off with stainless steel & again IKEA's are great value.

365+ are £60 for a set of 3 with lids & you can buy them separately too

I've got just one big 365+ pan because I didn't need more & it's excellent smile

LapdanceShoeshine Mon 27-Mar-17 17:57:24

Alternatively the Ready Steady Cook pans are really good quality, & this set from amazon has 3 lidded pans, a frying pan & a milkpan for only £40!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000U70UF8/ref=pd_aw_lpo_201_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1C4TB9MY66B6KC46XCVK&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now