Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher newbie

(10 Posts)
autumnrained Fri 24-Mar-17 12:04:31

So iv just purchased a new dishwasher but i have never had one before so it's all a bit confusing confused

Can anyone please tell me if I need to add salt and rinse aid like the manual is telling me to or just use the fairy platinum tablets that I have purchased?

autumnrained Fri 24-Mar-17 13:55:33

Bump

dementedpixie Fri 24-Mar-17 13:58:40

The tablets don't activate the machine water softener function so I would use extra dishwasher salt too. I also use rinse aid despite using all in one tablets. I use cheap own brand salt/rinse aid

StaggerLeee Fri 24-Mar-17 14:03:12

OP I use white vinegar in my rinse aid dispenser. Works well, is not chemical and is cheap.

wowfudge Fri 24-Mar-17 20:06:45

What does the manual say about water hardness? We live in a very soft water area and don't need to use salt. I never use rinse aid and buy Aldi Magnum tablets. Fairy tablets tainted any plastic or silicone things I put in the dishwasher so after trying them once I never used them again.

MongerTruffle Sat 25-Mar-17 05:45:37

You don't NEED to put it in, but if you live in a hard water area it would be a good idea to put salt in, and if you don't dry the dishes the second they are ready, you should put rinse aid in.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:46:46

Fairy still test on animals.

Your water board will tell you how hard your water is. Salt is used to clean the onboard water softener.

Rinseaid prevents streaky drying so always use that.

Notso Sat 25-Mar-17 08:01:37

We use salt and rinse aid and cheapest dishwasher tablets, I asked a random woman in the supermarket when we first got our dishwasher . Our water is very soft, the salt thing has a setting for soft/hard water, you can tell when the salt/rinse aid has run out.

rabbit123 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:17:52

We don't use salt as we have very soft water, but I do use rinse aid. Otherwise everything comes out dripping wet. I get the basic tablets & cheap own brand rinse aid - works better & is cheaper than all in 1

Genius46 Sun 26-Mar-17 16:41:53

What kind of dishwasher are you using? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now