Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning hot cloth cleanser wipes/cloths

(6 Posts)
JamMakingWannaBe Wed 22-Mar-17 20:24:37

I'm a recent convert to hot cloth cleansers, but how on Earth do you clean the wipes (white cotton muslin)? They are covered in foundation and mascara which after washing (in machine, 40 degrees, non-bio powder) has turned then a sludgy brown.
Do I need to do a boil wash with Vanish, do I need bio detergent or is it the trade off in having a lovely soft face?

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Wed 22-Mar-17 20:26:21

I just put mine in with white sheets on a 60 wash with bio.

sparechange Wed 22-Mar-17 20:29:24

I wash mine in a white wash

You don't want a lovely soft cloth - you want a slightly scratchy one which will exfoliate a bit - so don't use fabric softener or anything

I don't use them when they get really soft (they make great cleaning cloths at this point, especially for glass!)
The best source of replacements is catering shops selling muslin for jam making. Much cheaper than the proper ones, as long as you don't mind having un-hemmed edges

EatsShitAndLeaves Wed 22-Mar-17 20:42:45

I've given up on the muslin cloths tbh.

I bought a stack of cheap flannels.

They are much better on my face, wash better and tbh when they get overly grubby I just chuck them - though getting coloured ones means this is less of an issue.

Adore Home 20 Assorted Colour Cotton Face Cloths Flannels 30cm x 30cm. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005CN40RO/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_4fU0ybZA84KDV

dudsville Wed 22-Mar-17 20:52:56

Mine aren't gleaming white but aren't sludge either. Do you rinse it well after use? Having said that, I just started using a charcoal face mask so they are now staining!

MissGoggins Wed 22-Mar-17 20:54:39

How do they work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now