Talk

Advanced search

Tell me your favourite cleaning products please

(16 Posts)
IloveCheese11 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:10:01

I really really need to replace all my cleaning stuff. All the products are old and manky and my cloths, mops etc are worn out. I want to buy all new stuff to make life easier and hopefully encourage me to clean better (more). Please tell me your favourite cleaning stuff and inspire me.

StaggerLeee Wed 22-Mar-17 20:46:02

E cloths, fairy liquid and vinegar. There's not a lot more that you need.

Sunshineandlaughter Wed 22-Mar-17 21:17:48

Viakal viakal viakal, and bleach

dilapidated Wed 22-Mar-17 21:19:13

Attitude surface cleaner

Better than anything else I've tried for our hard water area and doesn't fill the room with chemical smells

dilapidated Wed 22-Mar-17 21:19:45

For any normal jobs it's an e cloth and water for me too

wowfudge Thu 23-Mar-17 07:46:15

Get yourself down to TK Maxx/Homesense and see what they've got.

I like Stardrops - brilliant multi-purpose cleaner and cheap.

BikeRunSki Thu 23-Mar-17 07:47:36

Flash lavender all purpose flour cleaner smells lovely.

cherrytree63 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:20:25

Washing up liquid and a scourer/sponge combo for most kitchen/bathroom dirt.
String dishcloths.
Toilet cleaner really gets metal sinks very shiny (learnt that from the cleaner on the ward I worked on).
I also use it as a floor cleaner (I have an elderly and slightly incontinent dog).
Lidls version of viakal .
Bleach.
Zoflora for making everything smell good.
The micro cloths that feel like chamois leather for glass.
Rubber hand brushes are brilliant for pet hair on carpets and upholstery, and the blade on the back cleans edges and corners where your hoover or broom might not reach.

IloveCheese11 Fri 24-Mar-17 15:08:25

Thank you! I do tend to gravitate to fairy liquid for most things but thought it was just because I didn't have anything better. I also use viakal on anything shiny! I am going to check out the stardrops, Zoflora and attitude. I haven't really used microcloths before. Are there any brands to look out for or can I just get the cheapie ones from Amazon?

IloveCheese11 Fri 24-Mar-17 15:10:43

Any mop recommendations? We have polyflor vinyl tiles and wooden floorboards downstairs.

StaggerLeee Fri 24-Mar-17 19:26:33

OP - most of them are good however the ones I've found best are the e-cloths. They are more expensive than the supermarket ones but still v economical considering what they do - and they last forever.

I buy cheap ones for daily wiping down the kitchen worktops / sink etc but have e cloths for stuff like cleaning the shower and shower door (that's all I use and my shower cubicle is gleaming).

For the floor I have an ecloth mop. It's excellent. Sprinkle the pad with water and off you go. Very efficient and no faffing. Ecloth pad goes in the wash when needed and you can buy spares.

StaggerLeee Fri 24-Mar-17 19:28:53

This is the mop I have www.lakeland.co.uk/21400/E-cloth-Deep-Clean-Mop

( I did have a Karcher steam cleaner but actually gave it away as this is all I need and much more user friendly IMO). Our house is all hard flooring.

Orangebird69 Fri 24-Mar-17 19:29:04

Sugar soap. Brilliant for walls, kitchen riles, floors etc.

JeffJarrett Fri 24-Mar-17 19:34:09

Method glass cleaner does an amazing job and smells like mint.

ShootingQuadrantids Fri 24-Mar-17 19:37:30

A product available from the pound shop called Elbow Grease. Amazing, just amazing!

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 24-Mar-17 19:47:23

Zoflora. How has this got this far without mention of zoflora? It smells lush and is a disinfectant. So whilst I'm not at all cleaning mad, I prefer to wipe things regularly with something that kills germs rather than just fairy liquid. I use it in a spray bottle, also diluted for floors, and in the washing machine and for bathrooms etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now