Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a duvet!

(8 Posts)
JLbaby Mon 20-Mar-17 14:19:52

I'm looking for a new king size duvet and my first port of call is obviously recommendations from MN!

What i would like -

King size
10.5tog
NOT feather/down (so perhaps microfibres/hollowfobre? What's the difference?!)
Machine washable and preferably tumble dry too.

I've seen the supersoft range in John Lewis - does anyone have one of these? They look and feel lovely, but for £50 they seem fairly cheap so I'm not sure if they are any good.

Thanks!

PossumInAPearTree Mon 20-Mar-17 14:20:28

A baavet. It's amazing.

NannyR Mon 20-Mar-17 14:23:02

I bought a wool duvet from baavet, it's great, very light but warm. It isn't machine washable though (although they say that the wool is naturally antimicrobial and anti dust mite)

NannyR Mon 20-Mar-17 14:23:37

Cross post!!

reup Mon 20-Mar-17 14:26:10

www.purelivingcollection.com/spundown-duvet.html

Even the super king is machine washable. Not sure of the togs though- I've got one thin and one thick and you can snap them together to make a super thick one,

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Mon 20-Mar-17 14:30:40

I love the silent night bounce back ones, come in a range of togs, machine washable, and absolutely wonderful to sleep under. Hollow fibre don't know the difference I think they are suitable for a tumble drier but not sure, mine dries quick hung up though so never needed the drier.

JLbaby Mon 20-Mar-17 14:30:57

Thanks but it does need to be machine washable - I have small children and they like to share their bodily fluids with me sometimes!!

Reup - that one looks lovely thank you!

PossumInAPearTree Mon 20-Mar-17 14:41:05

The baavet bloke said to me at a push its machine washable. That normally for day to day sweat, etc it doesn't need to be washed.....that you can hang it on a line in the sun to freshen it. But in a wee, vomit situation put it in the machine on a cool wash/wool cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now