Talk

Advanced search

BOREDOM ALERT! Spring cleaning: Is there a right way or a wrong way?

(8 Posts)
Waltons Sun 19-Mar-17 18:06:16

DM says you start at the top and furthest points of the house and work inwards and down, a room at a time.

I prefer to hit one task at a time: windows, paintwork, tiles and so on.

(Actually I'm lying because I prefer not to spring clean at all, but this house is seriously grubby.)

highinthesky Sun 19-Mar-17 18:07:18

There is definitely a wrong way of doing it.

And that is tackling needless tasks when you could be spending time with your family.

Littleballerina Sun 19-Mar-17 18:08:59

I do the rooms that people see first. Kitchen, lounge, bathroom. And then ours, then dc, then spare room. Ours is tidiest which is why I do ours before dc 😉

Waltons Sun 19-Mar-17 18:12:23

high, my DC are adults now, and have their own lives, so I've run out of excuses! blush

MintToBe Sun 19-Mar-17 19:50:09

I pull everything out of the cupboards/drawers etc into the middle of the room, look at it with horror, shut the door, go and procrastinate by MNetting and then half heartedly put it all back again.

highinthesky Mon 20-Mar-17 00:33:38

Excellent strategy Mint!

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Mon 20-Mar-17 18:16:48

Just get rid of most of your stuff and then it dosent take as long. Don't worry too much about cobwebs as if you clear them all the spiders just make new ones.

BenjaminLinus Mon 20-Mar-17 18:19:21

Just spend 10-20 minutes in each room doing the worst thing or the thing that annoys you most. Then have a cup of tea and congratulate yourself with a slice of cake and try the next room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now