Talk

Advanced search

How to clean seats in car

(5 Posts)
user1489849565 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:42:29

We have a Focus estate which we keep reasonably clean and tidy however the seats are becoming a bit of a let down. This has been exacerbated by the new baby who vomits with some force and we urgently need to deep clean the seats. Obviously when it happens I do the best I can to clean up but can often be some time before I can wash the surface. Can I buy a steam cleaner or hire one? Would that do it? Advice welcome

itshappenedagain Sat 18-Mar-17 19:55:31

I used a carpet cleaner with the upholstery attachment. Other than that I gave the a good clean with dry cleaning powder you rub on and hoover off. The one I used was corn by dyson.

ninjaturtles Sat 18-Mar-17 20:02:51

Presumably they are fabric seats? If so, I would say a steam cleaner would be the best option. If they're leather, I wouldn't use a steam cleaner. Our manual says to just use a damp cloth with no cleaning product, but I use saddle soap as we have a dog who loves water/mud so the back seats get filthy (even though covered with a blanket). Could always check your manual to see what they recommend?

Happybee09 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:12:24

If you don't already have a steam cleaner then can you just use a local cleaning service - we have loads around by us that charge about £20 for a full in and out car clean including seats....if you do tell them specifically the problem area.

Happybee09 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:13:41

Just to clarify I meant the car wash places that are usually located in supermarket car parks/old petrol stations
Although you can get some that come out to your home but I imagine they would charge more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now