Talk

Advanced search

Stinky washing conundrum

(5 Posts)
RusholmeRuffian Fri 17-Mar-17 16:04:51

In the winter I dry clothes on radiators and on a clothes horse indoors. Everything dries fine and smells lovely when dry (of fabric softener).

Today has been a breezy mild day so I thought I would get the washing line up. My clothes smelled lovely coming out of the machine but once they had been on the line a couple of hours they had a weird musty smell. This happened last year too every single time I put washing out. It's driving me crazy. Any idea what could be causing it?

Iamastonished Fri 17-Mar-17 16:07:22

That's odd. My washing always smells wonderful after it has been outside. Is there a lot of air pollution where you live?

RusholmeRuffian Fri 17-Mar-17 16:17:50

I know, it should smell better outside, it's infuriating! Not a particularly polluted area but there is a large food factory quite close to us. I can't smell anything untoward in the garden but the clothes smell horrible.

dudsville Sat 18-Mar-17 07:49:38

When clothes doubt dry thoroughly they can get a damp smell. Do you put them on the radiator when you bring them in for a final dry off?

RusholmeRuffian Sat 18-Mar-17 12:20:46

Yes I do if it takes a while but even on a hot summer day they smell weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now